@Kai I can only offer to help with things I know about, but there’s only so much I can offer if no cunt says anything to the community. I don’t care that you’re mod, you’re certainly not the worst of the bunch, and I’ve never said that OB is dead. If @Sir_Conor wants to come out of hiding and talk then he can. I’m not interested in talking to his whipping boy.

Edited by Jak

2 minutes ago, Jak said:

@Kai I can only offer to help with things I know about, but there’s only so much I can offer if no cunt says anything to the community. I don’t care that you’re mod, you’re certainly not the worst of the bunch, and I’ve never said that OB is dead. If @Sir_Conor wants to come out of hiding and talk then he can. I’m not interested in talking to his whipping boy.

aka you are not going to do anything rn

1 minute ago, Jak said:

@Finnley what needs to be done? I’m all ears. Let the overlord @Sir_Conor speak up and tell us lowly members what he needs from us and I’ll gladly oblige.

You were gonna pay for everything right? So we can keep Teamspeak, because Discord is apperently so close to shit that you don't want to touch it..

3 minutes ago, Finnley said:

You were gonna pay for everything right? So we can keep Teamspeak, because Discord is apperently so close to shit that you don't want to touch it..

I use discord for other communities, it’s not that I don’t want to touch it. It’s just a stupid tool for OB for reasons I’ve previously stated. Give me the details for the TS payments and I’ll go right ahead. You do have those, right, Finnley? Just waiting on you to give me the information I need.

1 minute ago, Finnley said:

@Jak Ye I have them, because I have a red name on the forums.

Just ask Conor for his paypal, and start putting aside 50 pound a month

Oh so you’re not going to help!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ???

I’ve asked @Sir_Conor to get in touch more than once here. He just seems to have read the thread and ignored the help I’m offering. Nothing changes here because no help is accepted from people who want to offer it...

5 hours ago, Jak said:

Sound quality is a big factor. One of the reasons I dont like the idea of discord for OB is that voice and text channels are separate, and that there is a permanent stream. I don’t want WhatsApp with voice, I want to log in and log out in sessions.

4 hours ago, Mintlou said:

Discord actually uses the same sound codecs as TeamSpeak now.

@Jak Isn't Mintlou right and the sound quality been updated? It moved to Opus 1.2 in January have you tested recently, I'm not an audiophile as much as you would definitely be, have you tested recently?  

voice and text channels are separate - I really dislike this as well but I've already been looking at a discord bot that should remedy this so that when you join a voice channel it gives to read and send access to the associative text channel.

permanent stream - There's a permission to disable reading message history, which from a quick test it works the same way Teamspeak does. You can read messages that you were there from but nothing else and when you leave the channel you can't read or send messages which were sent after you left.

So we could do this for most of the channels to have an associate Text Channel and then have some separate text channel our just for a Global chatting. We can also set Prune X amount of messages.

I didn't respond to you straight away Jak because I wanted to actually test and check the above beforehand.