9 minutes ago, Pasickle said:

what's actually wrong with discord?

People don't like change, even if it maybe for the better (not saying this is for the better). People who won't give Discord a chance are just being kinda irrational, it's literally only a platform to speak to people on.

Discord actually uses the same sound codecs as TeamSpeak now. It never used to be that way. I have a problem with the connection quality on Discord always messing up. It will go amber in the bottom left corner and everyone sounds like a robot. It isn't necessarily a client-server connection problem either. Sometimes it's their fuckup. On TeamSpeak it happens less often.

There's loads of threads about X v Y on the forum, look at those. 

How 'bout, instead of bitching about switching. You guys start raising funds and use it to keep Teamspeak alive? Maybe along with a petition.

Everyone is always eager to voice his opinion about everything, but nobody actually does something. Which is probably the most exhausting part of leading this community.

Don't come asking me for money. Just sayin'

Edited by Finnley

4 minutes ago, Finnley said:

How 'bout, instead of bitching about switching. You guys start raising funds and use it to keep Teamspeak alive? Maybe along with a petition.

Everyone is always eager to voice his opinion about everything, but nobody actually does something. Which is probably the most exhausting part of leading this community.

Don't come asking me for money. Just sayin'

This really isn't the point. If Discord turns out to be a failure then go ahead and revive TS and it can be funded by a few willing Members but the decision has already been made that we're going to try Discord.

Just now, IrishChamp said:

This really isn't the point.

It literally has always been the point, every time we have arguments about what is going to change in this community. Nobody ever wants to actually do something, but people always complain. Seen it up-close back when..

21 minutes ago, Finnley said:

Dont do this teamspeak is shit. ty xoxo

@Mintlou, Where was this attitude towards ideas when you were on the mod team?? Like I've been saying to people in TS, if people aren't willing to at least try discord, then we're pretty much just dropping the dead weight of the community if those people don't come. All the people who are bashing discord and saying they aren't going to come along when we do change to it, are exactly the kind of people that Finnley mentioned...

59 minutes ago, Finnley said:

Nobody ever wants to actually do something, but people always complain.

@Kai dropping the dead weight? What the fuck? OB would have been dead years ago if it wasn’t for the “dead weight” sticking together before you’d even heard of this place. What have you done around here apart from give me some warning points on the forum and try to seduce underage girls on TS?

@Finnley who isn’t doing anything? I offered to pay for the TS server. Only thing I got back so far is some bullshit nonresponse from @Frostie.

@Sir_Conor why don’t you step up to the plate and take some responsibility? If you don’t want to be responsible and just want to half arse everything you do round here, no worries. Let someone else do it.

To those who have been part of whatever team chose the Discord decision, what reasons, apart from finances, are you forcing this upon us?

@Jak I just don't see what you do around here either? Other than complain that the community is dead, complaining that I got mod, complaining that we're moving to discord? Since you're so keen on staying on teamspeak and have "Offered to pay for the TS server", then why not hop into Conor's channel right now and offer to pay him the £40 a month??