1 hour ago, Jak said:

what “interesting” plugins would you like that you feel like you’re missing out in on teamspeak?

Rythm bot is pretty good, it just plays music that you request off youtube. Like that alone is a reason to be on discord over Teamspeak. It's actually so good. Uh I don't really do the bots but I know theirs some other useful ones ?

@Jak I mean the initial concept is pretty aids but after unmuting it in the discords I've been in I've found that you can have some good fun with it (playing randy meme songs etc) and also if you have someone with good music taste you can be sorted for chill music without even having to open Spotify or SoundCloud or anything. I dunno maybe its just me but I like it. 

7 minutes ago, Jak said:

yeah “meme music” is exactly what I want...

Mute it then, people can have a proper good laugh with it I know i have and its not like that shits uncommon on Teamspeak not naming names but soundboards with meme music and shit on it are pretty funny sometimes and theirs definitely groups of people that will use it.

Edited by Chus

5 hours ago, Keiji Motori said:

Alright, I'm gonna play the devil's advocate of this argument because this shit's just gonna be memes otherwise.

Never thought I'd see people in their +20's of Age having a tantrum of moving to a different voice/text chat program.

Except what has happened EVERYTIME he has asked us? We talk about helping,or we sit, and argue with mods/admins for god knows how long, and nothing ever comes of it. We talk about him handing some power over to us and yet the last time we had such spreading of power all that happened is we stayed the exact same, the same structure, the same server idea's kept popping up again and again and nothing happened, and lets not talk about the hierarchal abuse that went down. So whats the point?

If you want a more democratic form of power, then what would happen is the OG's wouldn't give a shit anyways lol, we are so distanced from the community and at this point, only care about us having a room and talking.

Let's try something new, discord is easier to use and has a lot more variety in terms of plug-ins that can actually make it interesting.

You just don't get it do you Keiji? 

When have we been openly asked about moving platform? When have we been officially told as a group that OB money is low and we might need to look for an alternative? As you correctly stated, we are all 20+ and therefore we all have money. Money we'd all use to keep TeamSpeak alive IF we were ever asked and told about the state of OB.

Instead the situation is this: OB is running out of money because it isn't being proactive enough/not attracting the right people, or whatever the thing might be that is preventing us from getting new players and money. I won't discredit the time and effort spent by Conor/Cheesepuff to get new servers up which try to do just that; it's a massive shame it hasn't quite worked out the way they wanted it to. The way we all wanted it to. The shitty thing is, despite this community running out of cash, Conor has not once discussed with us on TeamSpeak about us helping him. He has let this community run out of money all on his own, that's all his fault. Cash/time/help has always been on the table from the older members here, and I can say that not a single person would have refused to help keep it alive. Unfortunately sitting at the bottom of TeamSpeak occasionally and not interacting with people properly is where we are now... 

The Game of Thrones hierarchy days were over about 2 years ago, yet Conor would still rather watch this place avalanche into decline rather than let people help him on the same level.

I won't be moving to Discord, so you won't be hearing from me for much longer.

Additional information: And I wouldn't be so irate about this had I not have actually gone through the process of becoming a mod again and realising just how little anyone else can do to help. Green name means people poke you in TS too much. That's it.

I don't disregard the work you do between you (Conor, Cheesepuff and Frostie) of attempting to fix things. I'm just annoyed it didn't work and annoyed at how we've had opportunities to make things better and they haven't been taken. So thanks for your effort, motivation and for trying. 

Discussion and social development are the biggest lessons I've learnt from Outbreak over the years. I'm very different to how I was at the start, but the times I've had here are useful enough to apply in the real world.

I don't always get what I want. That's what OB taught me.

Edited by Mintlou

This is exactly what we need. It is an amzing step forward for the community and soon we'll all be asking Why it took so long to get discord.

For those still unsure

There are a few minor differences between teamspeak and discord. The main difference being discussed is that voice and text channels are separate. This won't take long to get used to although the mods may have to prepare for a little more monitoring.

Discord also has many more advantages over teamspeak. The main advantage is that it has better accessibility. You can access the server without having to be in a voice channel, so you can just chat like the shoutbox or the forums. You can also use the mobile app and have access to the community just like the many OB whatsapps we are currently spread out in.

Thank you to everyone sorting this out. It really will make us a more modern and accessible community.

37 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

I won't be moving to Discord, so you won't be hearing from me for much longer.

You are a grown man crying about the fact an online community will use Discord instead of Teamspeak. ? lol

12 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Yeah it's great being so accessible for you to never access it then tell us what you think about it 9 months down the line. 

Grow up Mintlou. Teamspeak shouldn't be the sole reason you come online to this community. Why don't you let discord have a chance?

44 minutes ago, Dank Potato said:

Wait, what are the actual reasons to people wanting to stay in teamspeak rather than moving to discord? 

Voice and text channels are separate, discord also apparently discourages community integration for new people, but like nobody new has joined for like 6 months so that's not an issue really :/, theirs another reason being discord is harder on your cpu but if that's an issue you need to upgrade like really badly. In reality, they are bitching for literally no reason xd