IrishChamp

Classic WoW

1 hour ago, IrishChamp said:

Something else important that I forgot to ask.

Horde or Alliance?

I only played Alliance to a high level (70 night elf hunter during burning crusade) so wouldn't mind playing Horde.
They're cooler in hindsight anyway.

Will miss the Ironforge theme tho.

Favourite Vanillia area?
Mine would probably be Ashenvale.

Edited by SonyTwan

1 hour ago, SonyTwan said:

I only played Alliance to a high level (70 night elf hunter during burning crusade) so wouldn't mind playing Horde.
They're cooler in hindsight anyway.

Will miss the Ironforge theme tho.

Favourite Vanillia area?
Mine would probably be Ashenvale.

I personally hate how Stormwind looks and I'm far too attached to Org and Undercity to ever roll Alliance. 

For some reason I enjoy the Barrens as a questing area. It's kinda mindless grinding without any storyline but I remember Barrens general chat always being golden.

Played enough WoW to last a lifetime.

Vanilla does not hold up for me in 2018, even the heavily rose tinted glasses cant protect what is a unenjoyable and time consuming experiencine.

42 minutes ago, Rory said:

Played enough WoW to last a lifetime.

Vanilla does not hold up for me in 2018, even the heavily rose tinted glasses cant protect what is a unenjoyable and time consuming experiencine.

I don't get how you can criticise it for being time consuming and unenjoyable as an OSRS player.

I'm not claiming that OSRS is unenjoyable, but it is most certainly time consuming and involves a lot of grinding, much like Vanilla WoW.

Also @SonyTwan you can't leave out 12-trade-nackrambol-wheres-tthunderfury-

Edited by IrishChamp

5 hours ago, IrishChamp said:

I don't get how you can criticise it for being time consuming and unenjoyable as an OSRS player.

I'm not claiming that OSRS is unenjoyable, but it is most certainly time consuming and involves a lot of grinding, much like Vanilla WoW.

Also @SonyTwan you can't leave out 12-trade-nackrambol-wheres-tthunderfury-

You don't understand how someone likes X instead of Y despite them having very few comparitives other than a big time investment? I don't know what to tell you other than it's an opinion.

I played WoW when Vanilla was at its peak well through to MoP and for me WOTLK hits that sweet spot of story, quality of life features being fleshed out and just enough and time investment required for satisfaction. 

Vanilla has not aged well for me and that's what it comes down to, are you even old enough to remember playing it? 

1 hour ago, Sovman said:

my experience of vanilla wow was lvling a warrior to max to find out on 2nd character it was 10x quicker to lvl on any other class and a lot more fun.

therefore i'm down to restart on warrior again.?

Yeah warriors are notorious for their low leveling speed unless you've got like a priest to keep you healed, then you can just pull as many mobs at once.

I'm really torn on what to pick between Warlock, Mage, Priest and Druid. I'm gonna roll undead on all of them unless it's Druid obviously. I really like playing Warlock but the cap on debuffs for raids is a big disincentive.