Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbesbyrig

Ancestors Legacy

Okay, so this game completely snuck underneath my radar.

TL:DR it's basically a RTS game set in the Medieval Ages with Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Slavs and Germans as the four main groups.

It looks & plays quite similar to Company of Heroes which is something I was quite fond of.

Also, turns out this game was made by the edgy fags at Destructive Creations, the creator of the more then controversial games, Hatred (the edgy shooter who kills everybody) and IS Defend (the gun defense game where you defend beaches from hordes of ISIS fighters) and it actually looks like they have improved mega from their times on those 2, as they are actually starting to get quite ambitious.

Okay, I've played it for a couple of hours now and I have to say, this is actually REALLY well done.

The economy is really really easy,you are constantly fighting over villages for extra resources, and you dont have to worry so much on building placement.

Spamming one group of people (like archers) won't win, you only have 10 slots for your army and so you have to be careful on how you pick things.

This has a built-in blood DLC and its fucking great, you also have a cinematic camera that drags you into the battle, pretty sick to just sit there and watch if you know thats the enemys army and you aren't going to get ambushed.

The campaign so far is ok, im still in the Vikings but its been average, the skirmishes & multiplayer are where its at.

1 hour ago, Keiji Motori said:

built-in blood DLC

i appreciate the review and description ty kej might pick up

i can't help but lol at how the games industry is and how this is how you chose to refer to a game with blood in

Edited by Chris Lord

6 minutes ago, VENGA BUS said:

Total War: Warhammer is the biggest scumbag game for DLCs.

anything made/published by EA would like to have a word with you

Edited by Jamie

One thing I forgot to mention is the music, holy shit the music.

if you liked the Witcher 3 soundtrack, this defo has its vibe, as well as that Dark, pagan Slavic shit going on. When the game first loads that tingle on my balls it gave me from the main track was bloody brilliant.