Sign in to follow this  
Kai

Monthly CS with Buy-Ins

This post is to see who, and how many people, would be interested in playing in these CS matches/tournaments with buy-ins.

• The buy-in for the matches would depend on the host. Default price would most likely be £5.
  • Money will be sent through PayPal as a donation to the Outbreak Paypal Account.
  • Captains will be picked based off Faceit stats or knowledge of player's skill levels in order to provide the most balanced games.
  • Harsh bans will be handed out for people who intentionally ruin games, grief, or in any other way attempt to make the games less competitive.
  • Each series will be a best of 3.
  • 1 reschedule will be available for each series. The captains of the teams will be responsible for finding out when their team members can play and will be responsible for organising the reschedule date with the other captain. If a captain organises a game at a time or date which one of their players cannot play, the captain will be punished for not finding out when their players are available beforehand. If a player does not turn up to the rescheduled game when they told their captain they could make that time and date, the player will face a punishment.
  • By signing up to the event, every player has accepted the fact that they may leave with nothing. There will be no refunds if a player does not show up to a game or rescheduled match. However, they will be severely punished.
  • The event host is entitled to put a rank requirement on their event.
  • The available maps will always be the 7 maps which are in active duty at the time.
  • The map vetoing order will be as follows: Ban (Team A) > Ban (Team B) > Pick (Team A) > Pick (Team B) > Ban (Team A) > Ban (Team B) > Remaining Map Played
  • There will be a coinflip for which captain is Team A and which is Team B.
  • The Team B captain can decide whether they want the first player pick or the second. The player pick order will be as follows: Pick > Pick > Pick > Pick > Pick > Pick > Pick > Pick
  • Players who sign up and are picked to play will be invited to an Outbreak Event Hub on Faceit. The captain of each team will be given the captain tag so they are guaranteed to get captain. They will then pick their team members which will be decided at an earlier time, as well as the map.
  • Each member of the winning team will receive the same skin, which will be announced in the signup post.
  • These games will potentially be streamed and casted on the Outbreak Twitch Channel in the future.

If you would be interested in playing, leave a post with your MM rank and/or Faceit level. Also feel free to ask any questions or suggestions about these rules/conditions.

I'm for this idea but the only problem is (personally)

2 hours ago, Kai said:

Each member of the winning team will receive the same skin, which will be announced in the signup post.

if we're putting money in shouldn't we be receiving money instead of an item which the price of fluctuates?

12 minutes ago, Akame™ said:

I'm for this idea but the only problem is (personally)

if we're putting money in shouldn't we be receiving money instead of an item which the price of fluctuates?

The main issue with sending money back to each individual player is that Paypal takes a fee for transferring the money. Directly sending money to anyone outside of the UK/anyone not using GBP, costs a fee. The money conversion in Paypal to convert GBP to any other currency will cost.

2 minutes ago, Pasickle said:

would this be mm rank or faceit rank or is that up to the event host

It would likely be both. For example the rank requirement may be DMG or Level 6 Faceit. But as long as you have one of those you should be fine, depending on whatever the host sets.

2 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

but yeah how does the captain pick work, can i just sign up with a premade team ?

Captains will be picked by the host based on stats or just common knowledge on how good players are. And players will be picked out of a list like always, so no, you can't sign up with a premade team. I guess all the players in your team could sign up together but they would most likely all get split up ? 

The straw poll I did on the hub which was mainly OB respondents, only around 15 people were ever interested in some sort of pay in tournament.

IDK if this will get off the ground but you can always pray.

Doing premade would obviously result in some sort of horrorshow, like do you keep premade just within OB and just have the same 1 or 2 teams win every time or widen it to anyone and have people cry that's it's no longer OB.

Personally, I will never play if level 6/7/8 or anything below supreme is involved. (Queue the same few people who are complete mongs who can't understand that competitive players don't want to play with low skilled players in a competitive environment and cry about community segregation like I'm Hitler and I just burned ur nan)

There are also a few more questions like -

Are you planning on keeping a small cut in the OB treasury? (If you are you REALLY should have included it in the post)

Event bans won't count towards this, right?..(lol c u for the 2019 ob summer tournament hopefully!) (I'm gonna need air and oxygen after laughing at the 2018 captains ngl)

Why is the veto system for bo1 even tho it is bo3?

Are subs allowed in ANY capacity?

Edited by Danny