Sign in to follow this  
Skill

I couldn't resist

2 hours ago, Chris Lord said:

what benefit does it provide?

+ extra fps and also many people like me when they have had a shit pc got used to 4:3 and haven't changed since. 

3 hours ago, Chus said:

+ extra fps and also many people like me when they have had a shit pc got used to 4:3 and haven't changed since. 

i refuse to believe that 4:3 provides a big enough boost over 720p to be worth it performance wise

2 minutes ago, Chris Lord said:

i refuse to believe that 4:3 provides a big enough boost over 720p to be worth it performance wise

4:3 is mostly played by older people who played 1.5/1.6. Mostly to mimic the feeling. Also the kids who didn't play older versions of the game just copy their favourite pro player, thats it

6 hours ago, Oldmike said:

4:3 is mostly played by older people who played 1.5/1.6. Mostly to mimic the feeling. Also the kids who didn't play older versions of the game just copy their favourite pro player, thats it

I didn't play 1.5/1.6 but actually feel like I can see enemies better playing 4:3 compared to 16:9. I played both on and off for about a year before sticking with 4:3 stretched. 

20 hours ago, Chris Lord said:

When your pc cant run the game at more than 60fps when at 640x480 then it does trust me.