VENGA BUS

Diet Advice ATTN HEALTHIBOIZ

This is a request to the various healthy boiz of OB (I know about @SonyTwan off the bat, but tag anyone u know).

Anyone got advice to follow for a diet that helps give more energy? Like specific food groups to work into my day-to-day. I can Google this but I'd rather actually hear it from the people who've spent the time looking into stuff, and might know what works from experience.

I've basically got much more to do in a day now, and I'd rather be able to keep on top of it more easily by feeling at my best.

Actual replies grarefully appreciated, troll posts tolerated.

Cheers all xoxo

Pasta is always a go to for me when wanting energy, great source of carbohydrates. I'd recommend it in moderation and you can combine it with some interesting recipies to suitt your tastes, usually with vegetables and some sauces. As long as you are active enough so that you spend that energy and don't let it get stored as fat then you should be good. Its been a while since ive done sports sciencey stuff so my knowlegde is a lil rough.

Sleeping pattern isn't as big a deal, given that my natural rhythm has always been sleeping early morning rising mid morning. Has been that way since I was a kid. If I was to adopt a morning lark lifestyle, I'd feel like shit (which I always have done when working a 9-5). Smoking does cause sleepiness, but I've noticed this is negligible in its effect most of the time. My current energy levels aren't awful; I just want them to be better.

Ty @ Stiqqy. More vegetables is a definite. Might try working more pasta in too. (Y) 

If you are working out and actually want to change your body fat into body mass my boxing coach recommended this:

About 3 hours before your workout eat a portion of pasta, bread etc. basically carbohydrates. I usually eat a sandwich (nothing to fancy just plain cheese and salami) or something because of my schedule. Whatever you do, DO NOT eat to little trying to cut body fat. If you want to cut fat you will need energy, carbohydrates digest slowly, giving you more energy over time. Just try driving a car on an empty tank, basically the same with your body.

When you get home eat something with a lot of protein (none of that bs supplements, that shit is for building muscle mass and bulking up). I personally eat from 4-5 eggs about 45 minutes after training.

I'm a competitive boxer and train every day for 1h 30min of rigurous training. Diets and all that only work with a workout, you can't just diet, starve yourself and expect to stay healthy. This works great for me and have made a lot of progress. It's great for maintaning weight and replacing body fat with muscle.

Now for the workout:

In my gym we start with warming up, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Many people just dive right in and don't stretch which can really hurt you in the short and long term.

We usually start with weights, depending on what you want: -swole: Heavy weights, which you can barely lift up to max 8-10 times

-ripped: Medium weights, which you lift as fast as you can from 20-25 times

When lifting weights it's very important not to overestimate your strenght, start small and find your limit (trust me, it will save you a lot of hurting)

Then cardio, cardio is very important in everyday life. Not a lot to explain, run. And if you have flat feet here's a YouTube tutorial on how to fix them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45qdEm_nOM (Also let's you know of you have flat feet, if squating and dead lifting feet are very important and you don't want to take any chances)

Finally stretch to reduce muscle cramps and get some vitamin pills with magnesium, magnesium plays an important part of reducing muscle spazms and cramps.

After your workout your muscles will need to regenerate faster therefore eat something sweet. I usually eat a banana. A piece of candy or two is not recommended but if you have no other option it's better than nothing. You don't want to starve your body because if you don't feed your body it will need to take nutrients from your muscles rather than from your fat or food that you eat.

This is pretty detailed and I hope I helped in any way shape or form. Also don't eat ANY fast food, that shit messes you up. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

there really is no need to over complicate it
just try and eat healthier, cut down on bad stuff
stay hydrated, you'll know when to stop drinking
eat your fruit and veg
porridge is always a good shout, plenty of fibre and you can put fruit in it
if i want a meal and i'm not feeling creative, chicken rice and veg

maybe stop smoking???????????
will probably make you feel better than you think

apparently slow cookers are great for slapping together any old shit as a meal with some meat/veg in it 

oh and try and do some form of exercise
even going for a walk for 10 minutes a couple times a day has many proven health benefits

Edited by SonyTwan

eating healthy in general makes SUCH a difference, no skipping meals - eat every 3h even if it's just an apple or something. Pasta and eggs are really good... chicken aswell. Water obviously.... not smoking helps but if you do everything else then it wont make a difference.

source: had a year where I constantly felt tired to the point I took blood exams and shit but it was just due to me eating shit all the time, as soon as I started to eat healthy I felt like a new person.

Edited by Blyss