Danny

Season 3 of OB Hub

So people like major and eraser and all the lvl 1's are around 700 elo on faceit. (1100 is elo for lvl 4)

these lvl 1-2-3's fill up about 1/3 of 70% of the games that are currently being played. so imo restricting these will just make the hub rather ded.

Assuming that we are getting around 25+- elo for each win in solo que on faceit free. this would take around 15-20 game wins in a row to get to lvl four

1 hour ago, Danny said:

A- Level 4 isn't exactly 'elitist' is it. It's ridiculously easy. You have 0 idea how long it takes. It's like me commenting on Nuclear Fusion. I haven't got a clue so I don't!

Now this is the problem. For someone of our skill lvl this wouldn't take too long at all because it would be realistic for us to win a majority of the games we played at lvl 1-2-3 and assuming we played 3-4 games a day this would take a weeks worth of time.

However, for people like eraser and major, etc. queuing solo into faceit is going be a grind and a half, as they are probs gonna be wining and losing the same amount of games each day meaning their elo won't chance much at all. but lets assume the best case and they win 2 games a day and only lose 1. (since 3 games a day is what most of these do anyways when playing the hub/gathers) this would still take 20 days of grind for them to get to lvl 4 on faceit just to be able to play the hub. if we include the days which they are playing bad or just struggling with matched teammates they are going to take upto a month or longer to get lvl 4. 

TLDR: Idk about u but getting lvl 4 is a lot harder than u think for people who can't solo carry every game they play.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Feel free to post your own Solutions while also complaining that this was the wrong way!

My solution would be to turn it back to applying to be in the hub and make more mods/admins on the hub who can check and accept these applications then people in the hub can still play who are restricted by lvl and the admins won't struggle as much trying to manage the applications as there are more of them dealing with it.

56 minutes ago, Lewis said:

You just need a simple vetting process which is subject to personal interpretation if you want to keep the HUB open to the public. Just literally look at their level, check a few of their past games out to see that they're not going 1-24, check their country and if they can speak English. Perhaps a few more criteria, but I guarantee you these few steps will filter out most of the rabble. Didn't work out? Big deal, they play one game and then they're reported for whatever reason and gone.

^just saw this so i'll just drop it here since it works well with mine^

ofc go with the current system for a few and make changes or not depending on how often gathers end up getting played.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Feel free to post your own Solutions while also complaining that this was the wrong way!

cant you make it so that the level 1's that are already in can still queue, but from now on you need to be level 4-10 to join the hub. This will make it so that no one in this community will get excluded. If you are below lvl 4 and not member of the hub you can just send a invite to those who didnt join yet.

Also if there are still retarded players in the hub that are lvl 1/2/3 you can filter them out when they play a gather. Also since no lvl 1/2/3 can join anymore without an invite or without climbing they wont join back to the hub.

Tbh this might be a better solution since you wont exclude anyone from OB and the randoms that can join arent complete bots.

Example:

Al6hvYb.png

4 minutes ago, Scrune said:

cant you make it so that the level 1's that are already in can still queue, but from now on you need to be level 4-10 to join the hub. This will make it so that no one in this community will get excluded. If you are below lvl 4 and not member of the hub you can just send a invite to those who didnt join yet.

Also if there are still retarded players in the hub that are lvl 1/2/3 you can filter them out when they play a gather. Also since no lvl 1/2/3 can join anymore without an invite or without climbing they wont join back to the hub.

Tbh this might be a better solution since you wont exclude anyone from OB and the randoms that can join arent complete bots.

Example:

Al6hvYb.png

Yup, this is ideal. Hopefully they go with it.

@Extinct ツ @Oldmike @Kai @Danny @Brandon

Do you guys have a WhatsApp group where you tell each other to upvote each other's forum posts and NT/Confused react others? Or do you just say it to each other during your everlasting circlejerk :spooky:

Edited by IrishChamp
Made a spelling mistake xx

As one of the so called lows who are now excluded from playing a gather on the hub I can honestly say I am pretty gutted. I can understand where the guys who started the hub are coming from but there must be a better way of doing it than this?

I really do not have the time to grind out to lvl 4 on Faceit however I really really enjoyed playing gathers with you guys. I know I am not a very good player but I do try and I never troll and I always try and communicate to the best of my ability when in a game.

If this is how you guys want to do it going forward then fair enough but its pretty disappointing, especially for the members of OB who really enjoyed playing gathers like myself.

Cheers