Danny

Season 3 of OB Hub

4 hours ago, Danny said:

- Have you considered opening two different hubs? Yes. With considerations such as a High-Level only hub or splitting the hub from 1-5 and 6-10. However, the high-level hub queue and the normal queue would consistently clash with one another and cause each one to die and splitting the hub to 1-5 would only create this exact problem in that hub. Maybe we will revisit this idea in the future, however, for the near future we will be sticking with this.

Tbh you could just make one community for every level and one for the higher levels

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Feel free to post your own Solutions while also complaining that this was the wrong way!

You can't justify your shit solution by saying that nobody else is coming up with one.

OB members shouldn't be forced to grind out games on Faceit for the right to take part in gathers. Not everyone has that kind of time. Some people don't play CSGO mixes and just come on for gathers. What you're doing is excluding anyone who isn't an active user of Faceit and doesn't have the time to get to level 4. You're making gathers elitist.

This system was proposed as an alternative to popflash gathers, but opening it up to randoms and then shutting it down to a large proportion of the community as your solution is fucking mental. If you can't find a way to filter out the trolls then simply close it to randoms. It's meant to be for OB players to compete against each other and have a bit of fun, not to be your competitive gaming league.

Edited by IrishChamp
Made a spelling mistake xx

7 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

You can't justify your shit solution by saying that nobody else is coming up with one.

OB members shouldn't be forced to grind out games on Faceit for the right to take part in gathers. Not everyone has that kind of time. Some people don't play CSGO mixes and just come on for gathers. What you're doing is excluding anyone who isn't an active user of Faceit and doesn't have the time to get to level 4. You're making gathers elitist.

This system was proposed as an alternative to popflash gathers, but opening it up to randoms and then shutting it down to a large proportion of the community as your solution is fucking mental. If you can't find a way to filter out the trolls then simply close it to randoms. It's meant to be for OB players to compete against each other and have a bit of fun, not to be your competitive gaming league.

0d78509b403435d3a840d784e0b62b6f.png

40066de1ae6db436a28412645c81acf1.png

417c69aa9e475675fefe4002b93c68a3.png

react_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.png

People have to realise the hub was dying slowly but surely with only the OB community involved. So for the good of the Hub they decided to open it up to randoms, but this caused some problems alongside with the positives. It's not exclusively created for OB, it was created to have a more competitive environment for all players deciding to participate.

Opening the HUB was a decent idea the only problem (which we could have predicted to be fair) is the amount of level 1-3s who join. It's not like we got all shite players either html and his Hungarian friends are insane, anerd, Henry and ruin and decent too, so some good has come out of opening the HUB to the public it just could have been limited to lvl 4+ from the start

26 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

???

A- Level 4 isn't exactly 'elitist' is it. It's ridiculously easy. You have 0 idea how long it takes. It's like me commenting on Nuclear Fusion. I haven't got a clue so I don't!

B- We created the hub, along with the rules, STATED IT WAS A COMPETITIVE GAMING ENVIRONMENT.

C- Where the fuck have you been, at least have a single game in the hub before commenting on why it was made you lobotomised shit fuck. (Oh wait)

D- For someone who wants to be a forum moderator, you shockingly haven't read any of the threads before commenting a ridiculously wrong post.

E- So servers being open to randoms is fine, but a hub is all of a sudden - I'm basically Hitler??? Sorry?

Feel free to complain about the hub if you've actually played in it!

Edited by Danny
Also, where was this knight in shining armor post when people were literally bullied out of gathers because they were bad??...

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

0d78509b403435d3a840d784e0b62b6f.png

40066de1ae6db436a28412645c81acf1.png

417c69aa9e475675fefe4002b93c68a3.png

react_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.pngreact_confused.png

Really not sure what you're getting at here. Yes I used to have nothing to do with my spare time and put loads of hours in, now I don't. I'm sure there's plenty of people who don't.

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

D- For someone who wants to be a forum moderator, you shockingly haven't read any of the threads before commenting a ridiculously wrong post.

E- So servers being open to randoms is fine, but a hub is all of a sudden - I'm basically Hitler??? Sorry?

D- literally ready every single thread concerning this. In fact, every thread at all in the last few months with the exception of the Fortnite and PUBG ones.

E- The problem isn't letting randoms in. Go wild man. The problem is excluding OB people in an attempt to filter these randoms.

I don't have to have played it to see that this is unfair.

Also I don't really see what you're trying to say with the throwaway comment of asking where I was when people got bullied out of gathers???? Like, what??? 

Anytime that happened has been on a case by case basis where the scenario is probably wildly different each time. Also, how would I have known about it? It wasn't systematic like this.

40 minutes ago, Danny said:

???

A- Level 4 isn't exactly 'elitist' is it. It's ridiculously easy. You have 0 idea how long it takes. It's like me commenting on Nuclear Fusion. I haven't got a clue so I don't!

B- We created the hub, along with the rules, STATED IT WAS A COMPETITIVE GAMING ENVIRONMENT.

C- Where the fuck have you been, at least have a single game in the hub before commenting on why it was made you lobotomised shit fuck. (Oh wait)

Consider me complaining ;)

I mean, this isn't particularly difficult from where I'm standing, I'll take solving this over doing my dissertation.

You created this problem by opening up the hub to hundreds of players who none of us have ever seen or heard of. It's not justifiable to punish long standing community members who have played countless games in OB just because there's stray Estonians who aren't good / not joining teamspeak.

You just need a simple vetting process which is subject to personal interpretation if you want to keep the HUB open to the public. No applications asking what their favourite breed of dog is. Just literally look at their level, check a few of their past games out to see that they're not going 1-24, check their country and if they can speak English. Perhaps a few more criteria, but I guarantee you these few steps will filter out most of the rabble. Didn't work out? Big deal, they play one game and then they're reported for whatever reason and gone.

You aren't running a hub with a million people. If you have to keep this 'level 4' rule* then at least bend the rules to allow people in who we know are friendly, communicate well and aren't representative of true FACEIT level ones (a.k.a most of the people I tagged earlier)

Playing with OB noobs can be annoying/frustrating/even funny. But I personally see no reason to banish them from the hub.

*I know it's a baseline rank you want to set, but it's a pretty retarded display of skill. I mean, we have level ones in outbreak who are better than level 8-10s in outbreak. Maybe these people don't wanna go and queue 20 games or whatever it'll take them to get to level 4.

TL;DR - Enforce this rule by all means for the randoms coming in. But this should not apply to people already in the OB sphere who have been playing the HUB.

Edited by Lewis