Danny

Season 3 of OB Hub

1 hour ago, Skill said:

But someone could be the worst team player but is the best 1v1 player and its unfair if the person he's against is not as good but a really good team player

This. It's not an aim competition it's a "win the game however you can" competition. 

Both ways are bad for deciding it IMO. People have already highlighted the average kills problem, I'd add that it doesn't take into account rounds played. So if one guy is playing loads of overtime games, and the other is winning games 16-3, then obviously the former will have a lot more average kills.

This is a tournament/HUB for playing 5v5 team CS. The winner, while possibly reflecting an underrated pick, has clearly displayed good comms, teamwork etc etc.

'1v1 aim' is just a very small part of cs. It ignores so many fundamentals. Sure, byali and tarik would probably beat flusha and krimz in a 1v1 aim map, but are they better players? No. When you play a 5v5, gamesense, positioning and calls all come into play.

The best way IMO is the player who's played more games should get it. As they show they deserve that position more. 

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Both ways are bad for deciding it IMO. People have already highlighted the average kills problem, I'd add that it doesn't take into account rounds played. So if one guy is playing loads of overtime games, and the other is winning games 16-3, then obviously the former will have a lot more average kills.

This is a tournament/HUB for playing 5v5 team CS. The winner, while possibly reflecting an underrated pick, has clearly displayed good comms, teamwork etc etc.

'1v1 aim' is just a very small part of cs. It ignores so many fundamentals. Sure, byali and tarik would probably beat flusha and krimz in a 1v1 aim map, but are they better players? No. When you play a 5v5, gamesense, positioning and calls all come into play.

The best way IMO is the player who's played more games should get it. As they show they deserve that position more. 

tarik is the best player in the world atm? lmao

5 hours ago, Extinct ツ said:

I guess this is a good milestone to hit 

bf72d193a5e41c99a5893232d883dcb1.png

Officially we got over 100 members on the the csgo hub. Which is a pretty good start, hoping to see alot more people starting to come in.

I noticed a lot of people joining but not a lot of people actually participating and joining ts nor some gathers, but there have been a few that I noticed like Derok who is actually pretty good.

First thing ~ On deciding ties in leaderboards it would be down to the win rate, however, sovman and extinct wanted to spice things up about and I am perfectly fine with making custom games as long as they both agree.

The important part

A minimum rank has been added to the hub, with it initially being set at level 4.

- This is in the response to random level 1/2/3's joining the hub, queueing and subsequently ruining a game.

- It also hopefully stop higher ranks from not queueing based purely on the current queue.

- Improves the general skill level of hub.

For the obvious questions that may get asked

- You don't need a subscription to gain elo, simply just queue in normal faceit and when you reach level 4 you may rejoin in the queues. Feel free to get some OB skids together and premade into it.

- No, we aren't considering closing the Open Hub. We have gained 150 members since opening it, we have also seen more promising players than complete bots - which will stop with this new rule.

Does this have anything to do with the current level 1's in OB? Maybe. I have had several individual complaints about certain individuals queueing into high games knowing fine well they would be effectively a body bag. Which kinda sucks. Dick.

- Have you considered opening two different hubs? Yes. With considerations such as a High-Level only hub or splitting the hub from 1-5 and 6-10. However, the high-level hub queue and the normal queue would consistently clash with one another and cause each one to die and splitting the hub to 1-5 would only create this exact problem in that hub. Maybe we will revisit this idea in the future, however, for the near future we will be sticking with this.

Ujb7VZe.png

Edited by Danny

There's reasons to behind why this is a good change and why this is a bad change.

yes I agree there should be a skill cap because it's boring playing vs people who are level 1 and have no idea what they are doing... however this restricts people in the community that are actually decent at the game. AKA pasickle and Gerald. Even know they may not be the best of players they still play seriously and have certain games where they frag well....

I guess we'll see how this change goes over the next couple of days but in my opinion this change shouldn't have been made as I stated.. Ruins it for people who are actually apart of the outbreak community....

1 minute ago, MiniColossus said:

There's reasons to behind why this is a good change and why this is a bad change.

yes I agree there should be a skill cap because it's boring playing vs people who are level 1 and have no idea what they are doing... however this restricts people in the community that are actually decent at the game. AKA pasickle and Gerald. Even know they may not be the best of players they still play seriously and have certain games where they frag well....

I guess we'll see how this change goes over the next couple of days but in my opinion this change shouldn't have been made as I stated.. Ruins it for people who are actually apart of the outbreak community....

100% Agreed, ob members who have proven that they can actually play well with the team, communicate, frag etc shouldn't be restricted from playing even know they're a low level. With the amount of games some of the lvl 1s have played in the Hub, they would be level 4 by now if it was normal faceit.