Danny

Season 3 of OB Hub

With the conclusion of the 2nd season, here's how the leaderboard lined up.

5f2f6819e7ce2928a789b9620b25a6a6.png

I will be rolling on my prize from Season 2 to this Season's Prize pool.

@FlaSh Has bagged himself an M4A4 | Hellfire

3rd Place is currently a tie, with a nail-biting Coin Flip where Sovman successdully choose heads and has now won himself an AK-47 | Frontside Misty

In Season 3, we have changed the ELO system to a +4 and -3.

The prizes are TBA at this stage.

We would also like to congratulate Flash on his Tier 1 Captaincy!

If there is an interest in having a tournament, we are considering doing one during one of the weekends during season 3.

Please respond in the form linked if you're interested.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd4C9N7EAkrPtJWm1HqNdJDK0YJUgMGNlWrq4XJJKc9bvFXsg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Edited by Danny

Would it make sense in a tie situation to award the player with the most games played? I feel like those grinding out games should be rewarded.

also the larger sample size means that they are more likely to belong in their current position.

Edited by IrishChamp

5 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

Would it make sense in a tie situation to award the player with the most games played? I feel like those grinding out games should be rewarded.

also the larger sample size means that they are more likely to belong in their current position.

This does make sense but I think adding a rule to 1v1 if there is a tie would be more fun. 

14 hours ago, Extinct ツ said:

This does make sense but I think adding a rule to 1v1 if there is a tie would be more fun. 

I disagree with this simply because your ranking on the OB hub tests your ability to win games, not to aim.

I'm not the best mechanical LoL player out there but I fucking now how to win by making calls. If I was put against someone else with the same wins as me, it just becomes a mechanical test, but mechanics aren't what got you to that position.

I agree with what everyone is saying in this situation. A 1v1 won’t prove anything because it’s possible that you get the luck of the draw and you can be in top3 and no offence you could suck and still be there. Most games played also seems a bit silly due to the fact some of us don’t have the time to play as many games. Coin flip was the best way to resolve this in my opinion. 

Well done to all players. It's been a really good experience having this queue system. It has made me want to play CS again, albeit at a very low level compared to the OB pro players.

The current scoring system works really well, however at the end of the seasons I have noticed the queue lacking in activity. People wanting to keep their positions perhaps? Don't be one of these people. If you want to play CS, then play it. The scoreboard will place you appropriate to your effort and teamwork. If you deserve top 5, you'll be in it from normal play.

1 hour ago, Skill said:

Maybe make it down to the average kills of the people so we can see who deserves it more by actually winning the games for their team and not just winning because they are getting carried

hmmm maybe but if people know it will measure your k/d than you have a chance people gonna bait or play like chicken because they want a good k/d.

Honestly, average kills wouldn’t be a good way to decide who gets a prize when people are tied on points. Kills are important but impact frags are still a thing and people can win their team games even when they have 10 kills in 30 rounds. Like @w33zy said, people will bait for kills, which some people do already even though there is no reward for doing it, it is just some people’s playstyle. I feel like 1v1s would be the closest you can get to comparing the 2 players’ skill levels. Unless you had a bunch of people who weren’t going to be bias towards one person and they would all review both players demos, stats and teamplay, and vote on which of the 2 they think is better, but that’s probably not going to happen. A 1v1 also gives people who played good most of the season a chance, and actually forces the people who fluke up to the top of the leaderboard, to prove how good they are.

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

Honestly, average kills wouldn’t be a good way to decide who gets a prize when people are tied on points. Kills are important but impact frags are still a thing and people can win their team games even when they have 10 kills in 30 rounds. Like @w33zy said, people will bait for kills, which some people do already even though there is no reward for doing it, it is just some people’s playstyle. I feel like 1v1s would be the closest you can get to comparing the 2 players’ skill levels. Unless you had a bunch of people who weren’t going to be bias towards one person and they would all review both players demos, stats and teamplay, and vote on which of the 2 they think is better, but that’s probably not going to happen. A 1v1 also gives people who played good most of the season a chance, and actually forces the people who fluke up to the top of the leaderboard, to prove how good they are.

But someone could be the worst team player but is the best 1v1 player and its unfair if the person he's against is not as good but a really good team player