Sir_Conor

Outbreak LoL Winter Championship 2018 - Results

8 hours ago, Sir_Conor said:

I gave IrishChamp a tournament ban, and two normal event bans, because even with the an actual week’s notice, it was after I had checked everybody’s availability and set-up the teams. That’s the result for Irish out of the way.

Now for the rest of you: you all receive 2 tournament bans, and 3 event bans because you didn't give me any notice. This completely fucking broke the balance of the teams, and pretty much twatted the tournament. The reason the punishment is this severe is not just because of the disrespect you guys have shown to me for the effort put in, but also the absolute lack of a shit you seem to give about the people who actually did turn up, but whose tournament you played a huge role in twatting.

8 hours ago, Sir_Conor said:

Extinct claimed he gave me a week’s notice, telling me that Danny and he wouldn’t be able to play. However, this ‘week’s notice’ was actually two pokes.

Was planning on writing something far longer, but I feel as though this works just fine.

R4CPr7S.gif

8 hours ago, Veng3nce said:

On a side note, I personally think that you should both be banned from next month's Faceit gather system instead of these long bans, but you run the thing so that's not going to happen is it. 

nt

For starters, we made it, run it and even fund the prizes. (Doesn't mean we're not immune to bans)

This will also never affect ANYONE or ever be an actual rule. If you think for a second, there are a few implications with this 'ban'

A: Banning people from a CS pug system because of a League Tournament??? Let's start banning people from Playing Football cause they cheated in a video game.

B: The hub has a different disciplinary system, ran by different people.

C: Denting the player base of the hub because of unrelated incidents in unrelated games using unrelated formats will drive it to death.

HeadHunter is perfectly free to come play in the hub, so is Kiper (I mean, if he actually wanted to lolz)
(So are any event banned players, cause the pug system is very important to certain people and taking away an active pug system away will ultimately just make people felt left out and leave them in the wind)

5 hours ago, Danny said:

nt

For starters, we made it, run it and even fund the prizes. (Doesn't mean we're not immune to bans)

This will also never affect ANYONE or ever be an actual rule. If you think for a second, there are a few implications with this 'ban'

A: Banning people from a CS pug system because of a League Tournament??? Let's start banning people from Playing Football cause they cheated in a video game.

C: Denting the player base of the hub because of unrelated incidents in unrelated games using unrelated formats will drive it to death.

HeadHunter is perfectly free to come play in the hub, so is Kiper (I mean, if he actually wanted to lolz)
(So are any event banned players, cause the pug system is very important to certain people and taking away an active pug system away will ultimately just make people felt left out and leave them in the wind)

Focusing on one small point I made rather than the fact you dodged the tournament for another tournament at the last minute.

R4CPr7S.gif&key=ba3a4ee1d47d0b3d38f67c1e

And if you actually realise the reason I would prefer that ban is because I know for a fact you'll actually turn up and play the gather system, unlike the tournaments.

Edited by Veng3nce

10 hours ago, Danny said:

From your points, firstly with A and it's example of "Let's start banning people from Playing Football cause they cheated in a video game." For me seems illogical to try and use to justify it because these are Community event bans to discourage people from signing up and and ending up not playing for whatever reason that may be. It doesn't matter about what game it is at all and doesn't a way to argue your point. 

B is completely true but while C is also a possibility of happening but just like we give out event cooldowns limiting our playerbase for potential events that said players could want to get involved in but hopefully after being punished player don't give bad to no notice to event hosts, that players have an understanding that if they commit to an event they could make all effort to turn up and not just fuck it off last minute. 

Not that I'm actually in favour of pushing for event cooldowns on the csgo hub system, I just didn't like the most the reasons you gave when there are much better ones that you can give. ?

*Sent from phone while I was bored in work

4 hours ago, Veng3nce said:

And if you actually realise the reason I would prefer that ban is because I know for a fact you'll actually turn up and play the gather system, unlike the tournaments.

ehm what ?

Thats just dumb. Me and danny didn't purposely want to ruin the tourny for everyone and be EVIIIIIIIIIIIIL! We wanted to actually participate but a more important event to us and our team came up. I made a few mistakes,I probably should have double checked if conor was informed but thats on me. I still think the bans are too harsh. But its all up to big man Conor to decide in the end and if he thinks its a suitable punishment then let it be. I'll not rant about it next time on the forums since it just turns out to be this mess. 

4 hours ago, Veng3nce said:

Focusing on one small point I made rather than the fact you dodged the tournament for another tournament at the last minute.

It wasn't last minute and it wasn't our intention to DODGE the tourny. Yeah like I said above, it was more important for the two of us to participate in the cs tournament.

Also I get why you are mad and everything but I feel like you really don't want me and danny to play in gathers.Can you express your feelings on that? I assume you are mad over something that happened in a gather recently.

Also cs gathers are daily, events are every 2 weeks or so. They used to be weekly but the fact you are trying to argue that a cs gather ban will be more of a punishment to me and danny is dumb. The point of this gather system for me is to bring people together again and play cs for fun and competitively. The only way you would ever be punished from the hub is by not following the rules of the gather system. We don't want to exclude people from playing some games with friends just because they did something wrong outside the hub. It`s just dumb, especially when its something from a different game. I guess danny didn't make a good analogy on point A . He couldve just said " Its like banning a football player from participating in a basketball game on the court with the boizz because he didn't show up to a football game ". But yeah I think im done writing on this thread.
I'll just deal with the consequences. 

31 minutes ago, Sir_Conor said:

Community event bans 

So people who don't show up to events are breaking Community rules? So the admin team should work to ban the CS flunkers?

Point A was just about sass tbh. I realise that this 'rule' would obvs not only apply to league tournaments, my personal issue with carrying community bans into the hub is that both are very different in nature.

Point C though I think is fine. Considering we currently have 3 people banned at the moment, it's not like we aren't afraid to dent the playerbase for disciplinary. But having commitment issues shouldn't roll onto a system which caters very well to people with these issues.

Also @Veng3nce your post is literally just a moan about how we were in the wrong for not showing up despite I and Extinct never contesting that point and never moaned about the reasoning behind A ban.

Also, I Was replying to the one suggestion actually made.

*ATTENTION NEW READER*

One of the few reads which isn't actually worth it, lot of the same stuff repeated throughout the thread.

tl;dr - Some peeps organised a league tourny, created balanced teams, gave people roles etc - then Danny and Extinct pulled out and now don't want their tourny ban punishment that comes with it

48 minutes ago, Lewis said:

*ATTENTION NEW READER*

One of the few reads which isn't actually worth it, lot of the same stuff repeated throughout the thread.

tl;dr - Some peeps organised a league tourny, created balanced teams, gave people roles etc - then Danny and Extinct pulled out and now don't want their tourny ban punishment that comes with it

tl;dr 

Despite going to uni Lewis still can't read