Sir_Conor

New Server Discussion and Suggestions

specfbanner.png

Thread for all new possible suggestions that Outbreak could either create a new server on. In this current suggestion phase, there is not going to be any real restriction except for the obvious of what we a feasibly actually do.

As mention in the latest update for me personally, it would be nice if was an idea that Outbreak can make special, that will be interesting for new and old players and something that can have some sort of monetization to support Outbreak financially.  I'm going to repost a part of my Hey Outbreak thread showing some of the things I personally look at when looking at possible new servers for Outbreak.

New Servers

Every time a new game comes out or something in OB gets plenty of players are interested in. Technically the first thing I'll check is can I actually create a community server after that some of the biggest things I look for are:

• What will make it an OB server?

When thinking about creating a new server I want it to be an OB server something special, to give it OB personality. How can OB make it fun and special for new and old players alike. 

• Players

Does the server have a possibility of actually getting players? Is it popular in the community currently or is something we can get players over time.

• Members

Can the players be turned into members. Is there a reason for new players to return to our server? Is there any benefits we can get Members without ruining anything for new players.

• Monetization

Usually, this is just thinking about can the server be monetized to support OB. The OB coffers always need help and I want to be able to do special things for the community like tournaments that can back to people that may not play the main OB servers.

CSGO 1v1 arena server with a competitive leader board. I feel like this would be rather useful for OB as many of the members are competitive cs players this will help them warm up at the same time as populating the server. The competitive leader board may bring new members to the community by coming into the server to try and stay at the top.

10 minutes ago, Pasickle said:

CSGO 1v1 arena server with a competitive leader board. I feel like this would be rather useful for OB as many of the members are competitive cs players this will help them warm up at the same time as populating the server. The competitive leader board may bring new members to the community by coming into the server to try and stay at the top.

Or/and a DM server, i think a dm server would be better since it is a better way to prepare to play a game of cs and since the Ob Gathers are a lot more succesfull atm i think a dm server will fit in perfectly

36 minutes ago, Pasickle said:

24 minutes ago, Scrune said:

Or/and a DM server, i think a dm server would be better since it is a better way to prepare to play a game of cs and since the Ob Gathers are a lot more succesfull atm i think a dm server will fit in perfectly

Or/and a retake server, although it may be hard to find a way to monetise any of these options, they'll probably have people from OB on it most days since people in who play cs on a daily basis, usually go on retake when bored, adding a leaderboard to any 3 of these servers would make it more enjoyable since who doesn't like a bit of competition. Bringing people into the community through these servers wouldn't be as hard as it seems either, from my experience in other retakes i've met some funny people who've i enjoyed playing with and if those types of people join, why not recommend checking out the forums.

tl;dr for you lazy fucks

1. Hard to monetise these servers
  2. Not that hard to get members from them
  3. Competitive leaderboards for more fun
Edited by Akame™

I may not know anything about ARK but I heard you can rack up a nice amount on a server. Like others have said a Retake/DM server would be nice but that would hardly get us members. People only come and go on those.

You want a community for csgo get a TTT or expand the community via twitter or more social media like some communitys I have seen. (Possible RL Captian for RLCS for another community!)

34 minutes ago, Vemix said:

Like others have said a Retake/DM server would be nice but that would hardly get us members. People only come and go on those.

i wouldnt say this is true,since i think with the new gather system we could potentially invite them to the hub which could influence them to integrate with the community and make some friends.

I would really like to see some retake servers/exectute/dm servers.In my opinion it will grow the community atleast a little bit,if its done well.

5 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

i wouldnt say this is true,since i think with the new gather system we could potentially invite them to the hub which could influence them to integrate with the community and make some friends.

I would really like to see some retake servers/exectute/dm servers.In my opinion it will grow the community atleast a little bit,if its done well.

When you hop on a retake/dm server what do you mostly do? You train your aim before a csgo game or just train in general. I personally from what I have seen on Lanii servers have been the only dedicated member and even then their staff is most utter shit.

13 minutes ago, Vemix said:

I personally from what I have seen on Lanii servers have been the only dedicated member and even then their staff is most utter shit.

I wouldnt base it of other community`s but I think with our community it will be different, just need to advertise gathers in some sort of way to draw the players attention while they are warming up/training and let them try it out.

13 minutes ago, Vemix said:

When you hop on a retake/dm server what do you mostly do? You train your aim before a csgo game or just train in general

Also since most of the players playing retake servers are planning to play a game of cs after,gathers/faceithub would interest them to it.Especially if there is a prize for first place which we have and if there is an increase in players to the new gather system we could increase prizes and it would motivate people to play more and potentially be apart of the community.It just has to be advertised well and if players/members from the community bumb into someone they chat with while training/warming up,they could also influence them to play a gather.

1 minute ago, Extinct ツ said:

IEspecially if there is a prize for first place which we have and if there is an increase in players to the new gather system we could increase prizes and it would motivate people to play more and potentially be apart of the community.

Outbreak needs to make some money not pay for it. The only way prizes would be made if the player did them.