Jamie

The Solution to Fixing Gathers - Scrapping Popflash for FaceIT Hub

So as we all know, gathers are getting increasingly worse and worse - ranging from people fake afking because they don't want to be captain, to negev rushing through molotovs because people simply don't care. I know I don't stand alone when I say that these gathers are not enjoyable. We want to see people trying again so myself, Extinct and Danny have thought of this new system: The Outbreak FaceIT Hub.

What is it?

You will obviously need a FaceIT account and the FaceIT anti-cheat located here. If you are interested you are given an invite link to become a part of the hub. From there, you can gather 10 people and queue up for a game. If you win, you gain 3 points which tally up towards your total at the end of the month. No prizes for individual performances, just winning. The top 1 player (for now as we test things) with the most points will be awarded with a decent skin. Prizes will be better as time goes on and more people are interested, both inside and outside of the community.

People need incentive to try hard and we believe this is the solution. Popflash will become a thing of the past.

We got 10 people and queue has popped, what happens now?

Two captains are automatically selected by the system. It's not random, it will choose 2 of the better players that have been flagged as a captain by a group admin. Captain 1 gets 1 pick, Captain 2 gets 2 picks, Captain 1 gets 2 picks etc etc. This is the fairest way possible to ensure that each game is balanced. After teams are picked, active duty pool maps are then veto'd by the captains as per usual. 

ONCE YOU QUEUE FOR A GAME, YOU ARE COMMITTED. This is to ensure that each game starts fast and smoothly. We have selected these timeouts:

Captain didn't pick players: 1 hour HUB ban
Didn't connect: 1 hour HUB ban 
Leaver: 2 hours HUB ban
Trolling/Moaning/Giving up: A long length HUB ban, depending on the severity.

All pre-existing gather rules still apply. They are located in the gather ts channel's descriptions.

I'm excited to see how this will work out and hopefully along the line we can recruit other people outside of the community to be a part of the gather hub and get them integrated on TS. Contact Extinct, Danny or Jamie for an invite to the hub. Anyone can join with the only rule being that you actually play and enjoy competitive CS but please bare in mind this will be a 'try hard' environment so be ready for some competition!

If anyone has any questions please ask away.

Edited by Jamie

The first season will officially start today (Wednesday 24th) at 5pm then last for two weeks until the 7th of February where we will reflect on the season and make any final decisions on lengths, rules, settings etc.

The first prize will be a factory new M4A1 Leaded Glass. Bare in mind this is a 2 week season test period. Future seasons will last for 1 month with better prizes.

adfd2838613f6a6fc83e6a40c9af547c.png

Edited by Jamie

For anyone wondering about the Tier 1 Captain role, this basically means that Tier 1 captains will be given captain priority in every game. Avoiding the shitfest that is choosing captains. This will only be given to ~6/7 players. With the possibility of us adding Tier 2 captains depending on if becomes an issue.

2 minutes ago, Stiqqy said:

I'm down, looks way better and easier. Only question, how does one view stats, im not familiar with faceit. 

There is a section which details everyone's stats!

MP0O6M5.jpg

1 minute ago, Danny said:

For anyone wondering about the Tier 1 Captain role, this basically means that Tier 1 captains will be given captain priority in every game. Avoiding the shitfest that is choosing captains. This will only be given to ~6/7 players. With the possibility of us adding Tier 2 captains depending on if becomes an issue.

There is a section which details everyone's stats!

MP0O6M5.jpg

Ty ty.