Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbesbyrig

Meet Ireland. (Vic 2 shitpost)

Meet Ireland.

Largest City: Cork - 2.3 Million

Religion - 99.4% Catholic

Culture - 88.73% Irish 9.13% Anglo-French 2.63% Scottish

Bko6pWP.png

The Year is 1887, one of the golden days of Irish Industry & Culture. 

With one of the largest populations within the Dual Monarchy of England-France, it has been treated well through the 19th Century, with Capitalists being encouraged and factories finding its way into the small island, to the point of it being considered "The Island Workshop" with almost 48% of its population working diligently within factories, Ireland produces more industrial goods than the next 7 nations combined (Spain,Italy,German Federation,Hungary,Plantagenia,Vinland & Korea), Irish soldiers also account for almost 19% of the Dual Monarchies Armed Forces, with the 1st and 2nd Royale Irish Régiments forming the Frontline units of many battlefields from the "Australie & Nouvelle Zealand War" as well as serving distinction in the "Battle of Anvers", where over 87,000 Irishmen fought against 157,000 Burgundian and Dutch troops, and held the line for 17 days until reinforcements came.

When the first cases of Phytophthora infestans (or the common name of the Potato Blight) showed up on Irish farms in the 1840's, Henri X formed a quick response, organizing several freights of support in the form of Food Stocks & Seeds to assist with a new planting season, as well as to alleviate the Irish population. 

Ireland is considered as much of an integral part of the Dual Monarchy as England and France are, and continues to be a shining beacon of industry and its people a stalwart defender of the Plantagenet Union.

Ty to all the Irish bro's, you guys built my nation in this playthrough right now.

25 minutes ago, VENGA BUS said:

Rope urself if no commie united Oireland.

The land is exploited by its own, rather than a decadent Anglois (anglo-french) landowner, I consider that a win for the Federal Nature of the Plantagenet Union.

Communism is on the rise though, 7% of all citizens of the empire identify as "communist", although such a revolution would dismantle the Union forever, underneath the boot of fervent nationalism.

Nay, I prefer the Union united by the One true line, the Plantagenet's and all their descendents.

Also, I'll add the rest of the population of the Union here 

Scotland - 10.4 million

England - 33.58 million

Wales - 4.04 million

France (Modern Borders) - 73.24 million

Largest city is Paris, with a population of 6.1 million 

All that equals a whopping 126.57 million in 1887, and that isnt including the crown colonies of Sri Lanka, New Guinea, Timor Islands (Timor Islands are 50% Anglois European and are technically a state of the Union). This is due to me basically throwing any and all reforms into education & healthcare, alongside the refusal of abandoning the Irish and handling the cultural dilemma of the state, emigration to the new world for me remained pretty much at an all time low (only about 5,000 a month left for around 50 years) 

From the state of the photo, we are the only state left standing in Europe that hasn't descended into anarchy, we are also the reformers and creators of the states of Romania & Yugoslavia and Italy.

Spoiler

fKOvUTD.png

From the state of the photo, we are the only state left standing in Europe that hasn't descended into anarchy, we are also the reformers and creators of the states of Romania & Yugoslavia, and the the "protectors of the balkans" with anyone who attacks the states of the balkans, we answer with war.

Scandinavia was once a Empire that we were actually afraid of at one point, however, constant revolutions, ending with their longest one (The Popular Scandinavian Republic - Communist - 1874-1885) utterly destroyed any infrastructure and industry and has left them basically a failed state at this point.

The Danubian commune is the only really successful communist state, its end goal is to unite germany, its doing a "okay" job, with them forcing Bohemia into humbleness taking Saxony away from them, although they too have fallen into obscurity, only raising the alarm when they successfully managed to get the Muscovite empire to release a Communist-led Georgia.

The Commonwealth is a beast only on paper, its armies continuously get decimated by the Russians and the Liberal German state of Berlin and even my 5 Balkan allies (Yugoslavia, Romania, Hungary,Bulgaria & Christian Albania) can fight them one on one and win.

Italy is practically the only other state that has managed to control itself, its industry is quickly pacing and snowballing, although its a state that I created to hopefully be a useful Mediterranean naval ally, they quickly told me to fuck off and since we have just been sort of eyeing each other up, doing nothing.

Burgundy is soon to be Dutch land, so lets not talk about them.

Spoiler

I2cxZYF.jpg

Created after the Colonisation of the Maori, and the conquest of the Chinese Colonial nation of Zhourao, Nouvelle Zealand is the Colonization company that rules over the Oceania continent, as of right now, around 320,000 emigrate every year to NZ, and Europeans have since outnumbered the Chinese colonists and the aborigines/Maori by around 4:1. They are pretty much my greatest achievement, with them being the fastest growing industrial power in the world (going from having a single factory in tasmania, to over 119 all over the Oceania continent in under 20 years. I expect them fully to become a great power by 1910.