Sign in to follow this  
Kai

ESL Outbreak Winter 2017

5 minutes ago, Skill said:

I don’t get why everyone is so mad, if the other team won, you lot wouldn’t be crying this much but instead try to find every excuse to say how bad the tourney was.

I can say for a fact this isn't true - throughout the finals, people were questioning the choices being made, including when it was anyone's game at halftime on train.

Kai done a very good job, and none of u realise how much he’s actually done to make this tourney actually work, especially on the first day where he had to go through the stress of starting every game on his own and making sure everything is organised.

I 100% agree with this - Kai has put an immense amount of work into to this tourney and has tried his best, despite the sign-up count and people dropping out or just not turning up to begin with.

Also, to however said that Kai is unfairly picking teams so he has more of an advantage to win, you need to grow up. It’s a community tournament and the only prize is having the bragging rights to say you won.

Just because there's no million dollar prize, doesn't mean teams should be unbalanced (obviously you can't have exact 50/50 chances of winning, but every team should be in with a fair shot)

As well, cereal was an upgrade from Jama (rank wise) so having rhyse instead of pasickle was fair but if pasickle were to play mid-series, that team would of had an advantage over all other teams in the tounement by having a reserve higher rank than the player.

Scrune = lvl 10 faceit

To me, the main issue with subs in the final was the fact that a player in one team was choosing the replacements. No matter how good of a person you are, you are always going to have a bias towards your team - nobody willingly replaces a member of their team with someone worse.

Maybe next time we should let all the people who said that this tournament was rubbish and says all the things that went wrong, host the tournament and see how they could do better.

I dislike the phrase "why don't you try it" - just because they are not or can't do it, doesn't mean its not open to criticism (although this has essentially just turned into a roast thread).

At one point me and Kai thought that the tounement couldn’t even happen due to lack of players but it did happen and it was a good tourney apart from the people who constantantly feel the need to complain about everything.

At the end of the day, it's the mass who decide whether it was a good tourney or not (that's not to say that the organizers are to be held 100% responsible for it, however).
Personally,  I think every issue with this tournament was to do with lack of sign-ups; randoms had to be brought in just to have enough players to even host it and that comes with the inevitable problems with knowing skill levels, then people dropped out or didn't play which gave way to a host of all other difficulties. Kai tried to make the best of a bad situation as an organizer while still playing in the tourney, leading to these controversial decisions.

^ a lot of truth

30 minutes ago, Eagle said:

No matter how good of a person you are, you are always going to have a bias towards your team - nobody willingly replaces a member of their team with someone worse.

this isn't the problem, the problem isn't that he was biased towards his team, it's that he could've been biased, or even that in trying to be unbiased he ends up being biased to the other team.

even if someone could pick good teams when they're a player they still shouldn't be involved because the chances are low.

30 minutes ago, Eagle said:

that's not to say that the organizers are to be held 100% responsible for it

the organizers are like 90% responsible for hosting

if you cock up an event it's your fault

that being said this wasn't really a cock up

are bad teams really a cock up? does it really get in the way of playing CS with a load of your mates that much?

this is to everyone in the tourny, if dodgy teams means the entire event wasn't fun for you then you're a sad cunt and you should rope yourslef

Edited by Chris Lord

tbh this isn't even about teams, it's about the obvious abuse and rules not applying the same to everyone.

Last CS tournament my team was forced to play with Vemix for Nuclear in the 3rd map of the final.

This CS tournament, purely because they had a host on their team, they got to be picky with their sub and even break the precedent that we had set that very match.

If this isn't just plain out abuse I don't know what is.

19 hours ago, Skill said:

so having rhyse instead of pasickle was fair but if pasickle were to play mid-series, that team would of had an advantage over all other teams in the tounement by having a reserve higher rank than the player.

HoW AM I a RePlAcEmEnT iF i WaS mEaNt TO pLay In tHe fIrSt PlAcE