IrishChamp

Let's talk about Music

1 hour ago, IrishChamp said:

As Akame said, talk about something other than rap. We're not excluding other genres from this thread, but when the only people participating in the thread are those who like rap, what do you expect? You are the problem.

He's baiting at this point

Got a variety of stuff I listen to, but mostly with chill vibe. Some more lyrical but a lot instrumental.

Listen to quite a lot of triphop/similar stuff. Lost my old playlist but some of the stuff I have from my all music list:

Spoiler

Also got my classics in likes of Crywolf, Blackmill, EDEN. Couldn't pick out set songs so just found some mixes with a bunch of their songs in:

Spoiler

Most of that stuff I probably posted in What Am I Listening To Now thread. I had a playlist at some point of variety of genres which was basically stuff I took from that thread, I think largely from @SonyTwan. Not sure if I got this from Sony or just found it going off something he linked tho:

I do enjoy house and EDM for more hyped, night out style but music that I listen to on the go-to, in the background while I'm doing other stuff I've always preferred to be more chill - a large chunk of rap couldn't be my go-to for this reason, even though I do listen to it on occasion.

Edited by UnSeen

Oooh, I'll jump in on this.

I've recently been listening to Scandroid. Scandroid makes synthwave-esque music which has a cyberpunk theme. He makes both original and cover music, and it's truly amazing. Synthwave has a very cool and chilled feel to it, and sometimes a deep sense of mystery, which adds to its depth. Scandroid seems to be building a story with the lyrics he uses in his music, which is also very interesting, and the videos are very entertaining and look straight out of the 80s. He started a few years ago after he moved away from Celldweller, and it's safe to say he has succeeded very well, but unfortunately as of now he does not get that many views. Recently I've been totally digging his cover of "Shout" by Tears for Fears. Give it a listen and see if you like his genre. It's very different from what most people listen to. I love synthwave and it's been my secret passion for a few years now. 

I like to think I'm quite eclectic and up for most forms of music though I certainly don't listen to as much rap as some as the people on this forum.
If it sounds good it sounds good no matter what genre it is.
Drum and bass, rap, jazz, disco, techno, house, rock, indie stuff, pop, 80's, trance, I have appreciation for all of it in one way or another.
Same logic as any other aspect of life, have an open mind, try new things and you never know where it can take you.

Came across this again after a couple of years dunno if you've heard @Fluxy

I also hadn't realised King Krule released a new album late this year so will be interesting to listen through.

Edited by SonyTwan

On 12/15/2017 at 19:19, YoungGerald said:

Alright, this opinion is actually the reason I wanted a thread like this to exist.

Yeezus is Kanye Wests 2nd Best Project.

Kanye's 2013 Project is definitely his most polarizing project some clear evidence of this would be Pitchforks 2013 Readers Post Poll, the results of this poll revealed that the project was voted "The Most Overrated Album of the Year" and "The Most Underrated Album of the Year".

Kanye's production on this album was absolutely phenomenal, but I feel like it takes a certain type of music listener to appreciate it's maximalism, the production is overwhelming and that's exactly what Yeezy wanted it to be an overwhelming polarizing beautiful mess. It sounds as if Kanye took what he learned from MBDTF (his best project arguably) and 808's & Heartbreaks and completely distressed it, the features add to this attack of your ears perfectly, He chose people like Kid Cudi and Frank Ocean with soul-chilling voices to blend perfectly in the in your face production. Take a song like "I Am A God", where he raps about Loyalty, Respect, Threesomes and of course fucking Crossaints he does this with such urgency and aggression, the song is littered with deafening screams that are only able to stop when Kanye stops. In Kanye's mind being a God sounds stressful as fuck.

TL;DR GIVE YEEZUS A TRY TAKE A DIFFERENT APPROACH

I feel like me just NT'ing this is unfair. The thing to remember about Yeezus is so much of the sound is Ruck Rubin's, including how acidic(?) it sounds. Kanye is ridiculously creative but it's also increasingly impossible to tell how much is him, and how much is the absolute throng of producers who orbit every single track he touches.

Still an amazing album though