Predator

Goodbye

On 11/26/2017 at 15:15, Jamie said:

Dear [CUSTOMER NAME]

Unfortunately, it seems you have posted your goodbye thread in the ‘Introduce Yourself’ section. It would be smashing if you could repost this in the correct section using the correct format. 

Thank you for expressing your concerns, we really value your opinions as a loyal customer and hope to improve your experience should you return. Please do take this £5 coupon as a reward for your loyalty and we are sorry we could not meet your needs.

King regards,

Jamie

Human Resources

Human Resources deal with employees not customers you spaz.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:25, Jak said:

To me, the OB community consists of the OGs and that shits still as strong as ever

Fair point. It appears we both have a very different meaning of "community".

To me, a community was when OB was in it's prime. When we had a very popular, functioning server that people from all over the world would join and have a good time on. Teamspeak filled with new, interesting faces. Forums where everyone could express themselves and share new things. A community for me is what OB used to be like when I joined it. Now that the server does not exist, TS consists of the same people every day and the Forums are a joke, I don't consider it a community anymore.

Now it's just the Original group of friends who have known each other for a very long time, who have been there since the beginning, and a few randoms who decided to stay after the death of the server. And if you consider that to be a community, very well then. That is your opinion and I have nothing against it. Hope you have a good day Jak.

29 minutes ago, Twiixtor said:

a very popular, functioning server that people from all over the world would join and have a good time on. Teamspeak filled with new, interesting faces. Forums where everyone could express themselves and share new things.

dean-winchester-crying.gif

1 hour ago, Twiixtor said:

Fair point. It appears we both have a very different meaning of "community".

To me, a community was when OB was in it's prime. When we had a very popular, functioning server that people from all over the world would join and have a good time on. Teamspeak filled with new, interesting faces. Forums where everyone could express themselves and share new things. A community for me is what OB used to be like when I joined it. Now that the server does not exist, TS consists of the same people every day and the Forums are a joke, I don't consider it a community anymore.

Now it's just the Original group of friends who have known each other for a very long time, who have been there since the beginning, and a few randoms who decided to stay after the death of the server. And if you consider that to be a community, very well then. That is your opinion and I have nothing against it. Hope you have a good day Jak.

What you’ve described is a trend. All the “cool kids” jump on a trend when it’s convenient, but bail as soon as the next cool thing comes along. Those people that remain behind are the people who really hold together, those are the people who make a community. Look at anything from the skate scene to punk to dubstep to film photography to tattoos. There are always folks who come and go, and then there are always folks who actually, really, properly enjoy what’s going on. OB is full of people who care about the other people here, whether that’s on a “thriving” JB server or a TS server where a core group of 10-15 people have meaningful conversations with each other every single day.

If you don’t enjoy that, cool, good for you, enjoy your next trend. Ciao. We’ll be here being invited to weddings, hanging out in person, talking through serious personal issues, making life long bonds with people who are genuinely interested about each other’s lives and feelings. That’s a fucking community, pal, and I for one am damn glad to be a part of what this is.

The idea of a community being based purely on growth, rather than the strength of its members' bonds to each other, is fucking retarded.

I'm also surprised that given the astounding quality of the average new TS participant you described that more didn't stay, given that this community is actually definitely towards the more educated and less stupid end of online gaming groups.

I also don't get why you're complaining. If you don't like the community, then go. If you do like it, but want to see it improved, then make suggestions. Better yet, remain as a moderator, climb the ranks, and do something. Otherwise, do one. All the hermits who hate what this place is but linger here: go. Seriously, nothing is keeping you here apart from your desire to be snide and sanctimonious, and frankly the actual community here doesn't need or care for it.

If you're still here, then guess what, it's because of community. And because of the people you've found who make up that community which keep you here, not some stupid business growth model.

Edited by VENGA BUS

14 hours ago, VENGA BUS said:

The idea of a community being based purely on growth, rather than the strength of its members' bonds to each other, is fucking retarded.

ye good logic retard,

if I'm a game developer I totally value the 20 guys who play my game and how much they get on with each other, as opposed to trying to bring in 200 more players

OB has never really been a gaming community to me. It definitely doesn't fit the standard mould of a gaming community, especially when I compare it to others that I've been in. It's more of a social community that plays games. Playing on the JB server was twice as fun when you combined it with TS.