66 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Teamspeak
    • Discord
  2. 2. Which would you prefer OB to use?

• Teamspeak
    • Discord
    • Both
  3. 3. Would you join an OB Discord if we had one along side Teamspeak?

• No - I'd only use Teamspeak
    • Yes - I'd try to use both
    • Yes - I'd want to switch to Discord fully

3 minutes ago, Sniffles said:

Worse audio apparently, hard to moderate, people who smoke weed use it

Never noticed worse audio? Could just be the moderate thing. Never had experience with moderating a discord so wouldn't know :/

When I joined the community I tried getting us to set up an IRC for Outbreak, as that's what I was used to in my old community. The response was basically "No, TeamSpeak encourages integration."

I think that's very true tbh as anyone can sit behind a keyboard and type whatever they want, be annoying, seem smart, whatever. You can be some new kid talking shit to the OGs of the community. It creates a much better experience when you force this new kid into a voice channel full of people in their 20s. The kid shits himself and is put into his place by the abuse he inevitably receives. 

If we had a discord back then, I might have just stayed out of voice channels and stayed in #General. I would have never got to know the interesting people in OB to the level of depth that I have. I may have just sat in a voice channel listening and typing. With TeamSpeak, people will shit on you if you are typing without a good reason. Voice chat provides a much better experience in our community and Discord would allow people to escape having to use it.

ugh, this again...

Discord is great. It really is.

but.

Our teamspeak is just factually lit af.

We are never going to have both for obvious reasons and like mentioned before, Teamspeak is just better for our community. No need for a change, especially not with all this skepticism. I know, I know... Change is good and inevitable blablabla. We don't care, fuck Discord, succumb to TS.