Sign in to follow this  
The Untainted One

Runescape Skilling Competition

I'm not sure how many of you OSRS players will have seen this, but this November Jagex will potentially be opening up skilling worlds for a competition. I was thinking that we could compete against each other in the competition to see who the most efficient is. As you can only play for 24 hours of playtime it won't be too much time to commit (Less than 1 hour per day). We could all chip in something like 1m each into a pot and the winner would take the GPs. @Jamie @Skeff @giant_cheesepuff @Jaydog! @Rory @Lewis @Wist @Frostie @anyoneelsewhowantstojoinin

644a21c90b.png

As this isn't an official event and more of a fun thing, could you reply saying yes if you want in. The servers started yesterday but it's not like you can get behind if there's only 24 hours of gameplay. 

By replying yes you will be expected for fork out 500K/1M for the winner. 

Which brings me on to another point, how do we decide a winner? Are we going most efficient in a skill, most efficient overall or both? If we go both I would split the prize money 50/50.

22 hours ago, Veng3nce said:

As this isn't an official event and more of a fun thing, could you reply saying yes if you want in. The servers started yesterday but it's not like you can get behind if there's only 24 hours of gameplay. 

By replying yes you will be expected for fork out 500K/1M for the winner. 

Which brings me on to another point, how do we decide a winner? Are we going most efficient in a skill, most efficient overall or both? If we go both I would split the prize money 50/50.

don't know shit about runescape but am pretty good with statistics when it comes to vidya games

i suggest you do overall. because in the post you linked it specifically says prizes for each individual skill, not prize for highest in a single skill out of every skill, and since you don't have enough people participating to consider doing every skill your only choice is to do overall.

i only know the bare fundamentals of the game but from that official post it seems like doing highest in any skill is not what the event is designed for. if you were to do highest in a skill you should all pre-decide the skill and it's probably too late now.