Sign in to follow this  
Twiixtor

[Help] Anyone got Bitcoin?

I'm trying to get into Bitcoin and buy some but I'm not sure which website to buy it from / which one is the best / most trustable.

I tried verifying my account on Coinbase but it's completely retarded since I'm from Poland and I can't verify with Polish passport cuz I'm in Ireland and it's overall retarded and their support is worse than Steam.

Could someone with Bitcoin experience guide me? Thx.

yo yo. 

So, I don't know a huge amount about the ins and outs of bitcoin bit it has been something I have been using for the past 2 months or so to buy shit of the dark web. 

https://www.bitcoin.com/

this is the website that I used to buy it and it comes with a handy wallet download that handles all your transactions and stuff. The first time you buy you do need to proivde a copy of ID, I just used my passport but I dont know if you would run into the same issues as you had before.  

3 hours ago, Twiixtor said:

I'm trying to get into Bitcoin and buy some but I'm not sure which website to buy it from / which one is the best / most trustable.

I tried verifying my account on Coinbase but it's completely retarded since I'm from Poland and I can't verify with Polish passport cuz I'm in Ireland and it's overall retarded and their support is worse than Steam.

Could someone with Bitcoin experience guide me? Thx.

Had something similar happen to me, account got locked & been months without a response.

They are apparently very bad anyway.

Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

Everything you need will be answered on there.

I don't think so sniffles, tbh. I'm no expert but given that there is less risk in investing in it now, it's doubtful you'll see the significant gains earlier and less risk averse investors did.

Edit: also the electricity costs you take on when mining will probably outstrip the gain. That's from memory tho

Edited by VENGA BUS

2 hours ago, VENGA BUS said:

I don't think so sniffles, tbh. I'm not expert but given that there is less risk in investing in it now, it's doubtful you'll see the significant gains earlier and less risk averse investors did.

Edit: also the electricity costs you take on when mining will probably outstrip the gain. That's from memory tho

You exactly right about the mining. Your very unlikely to make any sort of reasonable profit without investing large amounts of money into something called an asics miner which is a machine dedicated to mining crypto currencies. The difficulty of bitcoin is also far too high currently to make any sort of GPU mining worth it without having 15-20+ GPU's running constantly.

If you really want to mine then you will be better mining a smaller currency like Etherium, Lite coin or doge coin as you will be able to mine more coins with a lower initial investment. You will get more money in the long run which you can then invest in bitcoin if you are looking at getting into the current hype as they are currently at a low point in an expected rise.

There is a very high risk with investing in any crypto currency however as the price solely rests on demand for the currency. Hence the roughly 1500$ drop in bitcoins over the last month. Invest at your own risk.

On 9/22/2017 at 14:18, Fluxy said:

yo yo. 

So, I don't know a huge amount about the ins and outs of bitcoin bit it has been something I have been using for the past 2 months or so to buy shit of the dark web. 

https://www.bitcoin.com/

this is the website that I used to buy it and it comes with a handy wallet download that handles all your transactions and stuff. The first time you buy you do need to proivde a copy of ID, I just used my passport but I dont know if you would run into the same issues as you had before.  

Thanks for the help butt from what I saw, it looks like Coinbase might still be the better option. There are a lot of negative opinions about Bitcoin.com and their app and many website put down Coinbase as their number one. I guess imma just keep going with their support to hope fully verify me.

On 9/22/2017 at 16:30, Brandon said:

Had something similar happen to me, account got locked & been months without a response.

They are apparently very bad anyway.

Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

Everything you need will be answered on there.

Welp Coinbase seems to be mentioned a lot in the beginner thread on the Reddit post. I'll just stick with that and see how it goes. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I don't mean to derail, but can we all appreciate cheesepuff's first post on the forums this year

I don't mean to party poop, but don't you mean this month?

its a joke

On 23/09/2017 at 23:51, Twiixtor said:

Thanks for the help butt from what I saw, it looks like Coinbase might still be the better option. There are a lot of negative opinions about Bitcoin.com and their app and many website put down Coinbase as their number one. I guess imma just keep going with their support to hope fully verify me.

Welp Coinbase seems to be mentioned a lot in the beginner thread on the Reddit post. I'll just stick with that and see how it goes. Thanks.

I don't mean to party poop, but don't you mean this month?

2 hours ago, Raw said:

What about some other cryptocurrencies like Etheurum? Investigate in those, dunno if its profitable tho. @giant_cheesepuff probably knows that :)

Etherium is on the rise and is expected to continue rising but I personally wouldn't invest in it at the moment as it may follow the current drop along with bitcoin. If you are looking to invest in any crypto currency then watch the prices every day for a week or so and then try and grab some when they are on a low so long as the general trend is still on the rise.

Once again, You have a very high risk of losing your investment with crypto currencies as they have no physical worth and are therefore reliant on there take-up and "community". Only invest with money that you are willing to lose.