Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Conor

The Outbreak Warden Project

The Outbreak Warden Project

Test.png

We are currently looking into creating a system where anyone Member+ can have a chance at creating and managing game servers for Outbreak. 
This new role/rank is going to be called "Warden" it'll be separate from the admin team and it'll be under a new set of guidelines/rules(TBC)

Anyone Member+ can apply for the role much like mod apps. 
In the application form(TBC), they will give an idea for a server with hopefully a detailed plan and give any experience they have with said idea. 
And if they are selected they will be given access to part of the Dedi to create a game server.

It'll be their Job to manage the game server for Outbreak although they would not be fully part of the admin team and would have a separate section on the forums however it would be a role where they could be promoted into the admin team as a whole.

I personally want it kept separate from the admin team as I see a "Warden" at the start at least to only be responsible for their project.
However, I can see a successful "warden" being promoted into the admin team as a whole if they so want it, it would mean they would have more responsibilities outside of their managed server.

The name was suggested to me by Chris, originally I was going to either call it OB Associate(I was watching Suits) or Server Builder or something along those lines. However when Chris suggested it felt weird yet I liked it. It embraces our origins as a JB server, it's easy to call someone the
Warden of *Game Sever* e.g. Warden of JB, Warden of MG, etc... also gets a few cheeky GOT memes in there for any true fans. 

I'm making this post to give the community an idea of what this is and some of my general ideas behind it before official creating it. It's also a chance for me to see if it's something that people actually want to do. Its still just an idea and nothing is set in stone so feel free to ask any questions!

This is a really good idea.

I believe I should be the warden for the OG channel. Just give me admin rights for TS and we're sorted.

Experience: being an OG, dealing with OGs, starting and perpetuating memes, good at keeping Chris' confidence low (he turns into a prick when this isn't done), and being a committed lefty who's enforced some left wing snark in the OG channel.