Sign in to follow this  
Scrune

Game nicknames

when i first got steam i decided to google 'funny steam profiles' to give me an idea and then i clicked images at which point i saw my avatar and seeing as its woody but somewhat retarded i came up with Wurdy XD

I had a different name for a number of years but I was getting tired of nobody being able to say it and whatnot.

I was getting into LoL and wanted an account with a good name so I spent 2 days of my holidays in France just brainstorming and checking if various summoner names were taken. I settled with IrishChamp because 1) People online tend to like the Irish (OB is an exception to the rule) and 2) Champ refers to Champions in League of Legends, plus it sounds cool.

Edited by IrishChamp

Depends on the name. I've gone by hundreds but I'll narrow it down to the ones you all know.

First up, my gaming life began with "Yoshi277", since at the time of me getting into video games, I had been playing a lot of Mario games and loved the series, especially the character Yoshi. I didn't particularly feel comfortable with the name but I kept it anyway. Later on, my username became BlueDragon115 nd it stayed that way from 2003 - 2010, until it became simply "Rex", which is my real name. People seemed to like that and most people online called me by my real name anyway. It ended up becoming "RexArgonian" due to my love for the Elder Scrolls series, and eventually "RexDragon". This stuck with me for a long time.

Anyway, onto the name you all know and most certainly love.
As a kid, I used to love making up stories and pretending I was some kinda professional writer. I still write stories even now and I have a lot of things flowing through my head. I had a little journal (still have it somewhere) where I'd write stories about some blue dragon called Revanaska. This, of course, is where "Revan The Dragon" came from. At first I didn't feel comfortable with such a name, so I tried out the nicknames I'd given the dragon as a kid. "Rev", "Blue Spark", "Big Blue", "Blue Dragon", none of them really felt comfortable on me. I ended up deciding on just using "Revanaska" as my display name on everything for a long time. Unfortunately people assumed I was a Russian girl or something and I didn't like it too much because of that, but I stuck with it anyway. I had never seen anyone use the name Revanaska before so I just took it and kept it.

It wasn't until about 2012 when someone called me "Revan" when my display name was only Revanaska. He shortened my name to that, and for some reason I really liked it. So I ended up saying, heck, I'll just go with "Revan The Dragon". It seemed kinda unique to me, and I guess it put across the point more that I'm (DEFINITELY) a dragon. And from there onwards, my display names on pretty much everything are "Revan The Dragon", with or without the spaces, depending on the game. The name stuck with me and I can't shake, nor do I really feel the need to.

Though recently I've been switching back to only Revanaska again, due to the obvious amount of mockery I've been getting. Gets to me sometimes. Anyway, that's pretty much my story. Wa-hey.

My Dad originally came up with the name Skeff as a combination of skill and death. After using it for a while I realised that I had established my online identity under this name and I now try to keep to it as much as possible, with variations such as Skeffie, Skeffles, and Skeff-mas tree popping up when required.

Started out as madman423 back on RS2. A friend of mine came up with the name Veng3nce but I liked it, so after he quit gaming I took over the name. Was in an Xbox clan called EpiC which led to me being known as EpiC_Veng3nce for a couple years. Changed my name back to Veng3nce when I moved over to PC again. Added Taste to the front of my name when I started playing runescape again.

My nickname is used in real life and online, I have a well known family in my area and we are known as the gaffers. I have 6 uncles, my Dad and 2 brothers who also get called gaffer with an added word such as young gaff which is what I get called from time to time because I'm obviously the youngest.

2 hours ago, gaffeR said:

My nickname is used in real life and online, I have a well known family in my area and we are known as the gaffers. I have 6 uncles, my Dad and 2 brothers who also get called gaffer with an added word such as young gaff which is what I get called from time to time because I'm obviously the smallest.

FTFY

On 26/08/2017 at 20:57, ★ Chus said:

My first online name was tufty10, tufty being the name of the first ever horse my mum owned, I was like seven at the time. When I moved to PC gaming my cousin offered me his mouse keyboard and steam account as he was stopping playing pc. His steam name was Chusteen/Chussy/Chus. I didn't really care or know how to change it and people referred to me as Chus (or choos/chuz if you're one of those fags that can't speak English) so it just stuck with me. 

choos is the correct way to pronounce your name you fucking idiot