Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

HL3 Story leaked by Valve ex-writer - SPOILERS

Read it here: https://github.com/Jackathan/MarcLaidlaw-Epistle3/blob/master/Epistle3_Corrected.md

React below:

Valve left it too long. The parabola has hit the lowest point.First it was anticipated, hype grew for the game. This grew for many years. It didn't need to be the best game ever at this stage.

The years of false promises were forcing Valve into a pressured corner. Now it had to be good. They weren't ready. More time went by as fans became angrier.

Recently the lead writers left the company, because even they were exhausted thinking about the biggest project that they never got to finish. Valve hasn't confirmed the state of their next game. They have been translucent the whole time, splitting the fan base in two.

This was good for them at the beginning, but this leak of information has shown that the candle has gone out.

Fans and creators have been smothered out. This is probably the end of the Half-Life series.

If Valve were perhaps a bit more decisive with their creations then this may not have happened. It is a known fact that they run a 'flat' company structure, the employees work on what they want all of the time.

No one wants to be responsible for HL3 at this stage. The pressure and demand is too high.

Both HL1 and HL2 were revolutionary in terms of graphics, physics and storytelling. I feel like Valve always wanted HL3 to have that same "wow-feeling" to it, which made/makes it as emersive as we experienced both old Half Lifes. Maybe they will eventually make it for something like VR in a way no game has done it before, however with all the main writers quitting, I remain sceptical.

I don't mind waiting a long time for a game to be honest. A game is finished when it's finished and if you don't have enough ideas for a sequel it's probably best to let it sit for a bit. Making a sequel to something has always been hard, because frankly they are never as good as the original. Why? The first game brings a new concept, a new story to think about and interpret the way you want. And as for games you never want it to become repetitive like Assassins creed or CoD (eventhough CoD storylines are still interesting sometimes).

Eitherway: we'll see what happens to the Half Life legacy. Whether it will actually exist at one point, it is bad or it is good. We will abide.

8 hours ago, Mintlou said:

How can something you've not seen or experienced be overrated?

I apologize for not replying 8 hours ago but I was slightly busy because you know, social life, girlfriend, friday night... all that non sense.

Anyway your sad attempt of looking smart in a world of morons (in this case world=ob ofc) was pathetic. You obviously knew what I meant (unless the countless hours of sitting in front of your computer talking to random nerds on the internet SOMEHOW fried ur brain cells) so please try again so I can at least feel entertained.

Shoot me big boy.

1 hour ago, Blyss said:

I apologize for not replying 8 hours ago but I was slightly busy because you know, social life, girlfriend, friday night... all that non sense.

Anyway your sad attempt of looking smart in a world of morons (in this case world=ob ofc) was pathetic. You obviously knew what I meant (unless the countless hours of sitting in front of your computer talking to random nerds on the internet SOMEHOW fried ur brain cells) so please try again so I can at least feel entertained.

Shoot me big boy.

I also didn't understand what you meant when you said that something that hasn't happened, and therefore can't be rated, is overrated.

Would you care to explain what the fuck you're talking about and why such a small reply from someone triggered you so badly? Fucking sensitive daffodil.

9 hours ago, Blyss said:

Shoot me big boy.

Whenever you post on the forums it just makes my day blyss.

Never change you little anti-social rat <3