Hobbsyy

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

As a fan of McGregor and fighting, let's do some actual analysis on this. Gonna try and keep it friendly for those who are not aware of what this is, who they are etc.

What's Happening?

"The biggest fight in combat sports history"

Image result for mayweather vs conor

UFC Lightweight Champion (and former dual champion of the featherweight class) Conor "The Notorious" Mcgregor (MMA Fighter)

vs

The Boxing's all time best, 49-0 undefeated, Floyd "Money" Mayweather (World Champion Boxer)

Betting Odds (as of time of the post):

How to watch:

If you are in the UK £19.95 to watch it on TV or stream it online.

I will also be setting up a team speak Channel like last Mcgregor fight if you wanna discuss the rounds again. 

Betting Odds / Favourite:

McGregor: 10/3

Mayweather: 2/9 (Favourite by a big margin)

11 hours ago, Wist said:

Best boxer ever fighting a non-boxer at boxing

not a hard prediction

Not a hard prediction however, more accurately, it's Best boxer ever fighting a MMA Fighter at boxing. MMA has elements of boxing. (Conor is undefeated standing up).

Clearly from the stats and from the type of sports, Mayweather is the favourite hands down.

You are delusional if you think otherwise. BUT, people are counting Mcgregor out just because he hasn't boxed before. He stills has a chance even if it's very little due to the unpredictability he will bring.

1. Mcgregor has never boxed before, so it will be hard to analyse how he will actually fight.
- However, Mayweather has been doing this his whole life, he's seen it all and done it all in terms of what is possible in boxing and combination of punches. It will still be hard to catch him out.

2. Mcgregor has a greater height and reach advantage, although it shouln't be a problem for mayweather, it DOES even if not that much help in a sport like this.

Image result for floyd vs mcgregor stats

3. Age difference and Cardio - Mayweather is 40 compared to Mcgregor being 28, where Mayweather is considered to be past his peak physical conditions. Many people take this the wrong way, Mayweather may be 40 but he has the experience, he is still fit. In fact, Mcgregor had to take special Cardio training to be ready for the longer 12 round fight which has more breaks but is shorter in length compared to what hes used to at UFC.

4. 8 ounce Gloves - They are using lighter gloves than usual for the weight class. It was supposed to be 10 ounch gloves, however they both agreed to use lighter gloves. This means there is a great chance of a knockout. Mcgregor have been kicked in the head, he knows what a shinbone feels on his cheekbones. Although it will be extremely hard to even touch mayweather, if he gets hit by that left hook it could be all over. Then again, Mcgregor has never fought against a boxer like mayweather, expect him to get hit a LOT when mayweather does decide to be offensive.

Finally, I think it will be a great fight either way. Especially because you are seeing:

- a MMA fighter box against a a Boxer in a boxing ring. (You dont even wanan think about how it would go down for a boxer against Mayweather in the octagon :bang:)

- Two of the most famous combat sports stars in their own field. 

To conclude, as it should be very obvious now, Mayweather is the favourite. The fight will end with Mcgregor being knocked out or decision win for Mayweather, everyone says "not surprised" and gets on with their day while the two take millions of dollars home in the bag. BUT, say Mcgregor takes that 1 in a 5 chance to win and defeats mayweather (it's not impossible), that will mean mayweathers record will be ruined to 49-1 after 21 years and Mcgregor will be in the news all over the media as the man to defeat THE man. This is why it's so interesting and worth watching, if it does happen, trust me, you don't wanna wake up to that news and be like "Fuck I shoulda watched that fight".

See you at around 4 am BST on the Sunday morning.

Edited by Gunstar

My prediction is Mayweather, he has way more experience, he is a defensive boxer, he has 49 wins and 0 losses. It may be true he is no longer in his prime and McGregor is, but you just cannot really compare the two in boxing. If it was MMA it would be a different story but since it IS boxing my argument still stands. I am not saying it's going to be easy for Floyd since McGregor IS a really good fighter. The rounds will be shorter than MMA and more action than McGregor is used to while Floyd is. From a boxing standpoint, they are both amazing fighters and I hope it will be a really fun and respectable fight. THE TRASH TALK THOUGH: McGregor wins at that. NO arguments. 

No matter the outcome they will both make a TON of money.

If Mayweather wins: Will forever have 50:0 which is just insane.

If McGregor wins: Will forever be known as the only man able to beat the unbeatable and prevented the big 50:0.

Edited by BIBS

3 hours ago, Blyss said:

lmfao @ the morons (excluding irish ppl like brandon) that think gregor will win. well it's not impossible, but the odds are insanely against him. 

they're both winners either way, it's all about the $$

the odds are not "insanely" against him. conor can box as he has proven and just because mayweather is 49 - 0 doesn't mean conor wont be able to beat him and whoever thinks that then they are just straight retarded. Mayweather doesn't know what's coming and his mindset is that it's just going to be another easy fight for him and that's what's gonna make him loose because conor isn't an easy fight he can take punches and certainly give them.

Edited by Pasickle

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Weight In if anyone missed it:

People really dont like Mayweather throwing Irish flags and booing him, kinda unnecessary sure he can be a cunt but McGregor can be one too so i dont see why they're doing it for Floyd and not Connor. Cant tell if Americans are brainwashed or just stupid in general, kinda sad to see tbh

7 hours ago, Pasickle said:

the odds are not "insanely" against him. conor can box as he has proven and just because mayweather is 49 - 0 doesn't mean conor wont be able to beat him and whoever thinks that then they are just straight retarded. Mayweather doesn't know what's coming and his mindset is that it's just going to be another easy fight for him and that's what's gonna make him loose because conor isn't an easy fight he can take punches and certainly give them.

A lost case boys... send him to the dumpster. 

We can't save him anymore. His brain is literally a taco at this point, I blame computers.

40 minutes ago, Chris Lord said:

being entertained by this shit is degenerate, sign of low iq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatalities_in_mixed_martial_arts_contests this sport shaves lives off of people years, it's morally irresponsible and should be banned

They probs still got more GCSE's than you.