Kai

New Server Ideas

I can see where Gaffer is coming from, quite a few people in this thread obviously are down for some of these suggestions, so that is already quite a few people off the bat. But how long is this exactly going to last? A few days? Couple of weeks?

I have to agree with Finnley here. These game modes are ones where people join up, warm up for a comp, play some music and leave. I very much doubt there will be any care for the community that is actually running said servers from the people who join.

Game modes like JB actually make people talk to each other, get to know the staff team and members and ropes them in to the forums and ts to keep them around longer. Almost all of the people sitting on TS of a night are from one of our previous Jailbreak servers. What the staff team are trying to think of is something new and exciting for everyone, new and old, that people will play for a lengthy amount of time and encourages people to interact with each other, resulting in new members. Of course the hardest bit is finding something that the majority of people sitting in TS right now would want to play.

tl;dr we need a game mode that can encourage people to interact and rope them in to forums/ts. Make being a member worth something.

How do we know that it will 100% fail if we don't try? Like I said, a temporary server to test out if it will attract people or not. If members play on any of these servers, if they were to be made, they would have to encourage people to join by talking and making the server an enjoyable experience.

Edited by Kai

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

What the staff team are trying to think of is something new and exciting for everyone, new and old, that people will play for a lengthy amount of time and encourages people to interact with each other, resulting in new members.

I think TTT fits this category perfectly - while it is obviously a GMOD centric gamemode, it can and has been done on CSGO. It promotes communication, allows people to show their personality and creates a fun, casual experience as well as opening space for donation perks such as skins and abilities. I feel like this gamemode has been plagued by 7 year olds (as with all things that start on gmod :/) but it is a genuinely good concept and, if done well, can be extremely fun.

3 hours ago, Finnley said:

First of all, most people in Outbreak don't really want to play CS:GO community games anymore. The competitive side of CS:GO is still played, while any server we've launched in the past dies in about two weeks, because we are just bored of the gamemode.

I've seen this point quite a bit and while I agree that CS:GO has died in popularity within OB, I don't really see any other game that could be used. The only games I see a decent number of people consistently playing other than CS are LoL and PUBG, neither of which are suitable for a community based server. LoL servers (if actually possible to create them) would just be regular League and PUBG doesn't promote interacting with other people aside from killing them and (depending on the level of customization available) would also just be like a standard PUBG game. Neither of these games have any aspects which would encourage people to join OB servers, let alone repeatedly come back.

I've created a straw poll to try and give a better overall idea of what people want: https://strawpoll.com/gprgpw88

I tried to make it as inclusive as possible although obviously I couldn't put in every single possibility - I'm also not saying that everything on here is a viable option to pursue, but I think it will give some insight into the general opinion of the community.

3 hours ago, Kai said:

How do we know that it will 100% fail if we don't try?

>History will repeat itself.

>That is not how one does business.

>Creating servers takes a lot of work and planning, Conor knows more about that, but if it were really easy, I am sure we would've already done it.

The OB servers have always been based around the players and their personalities, I think that some of the suggested servers (such as retake and 1v1 servers) would be hard to populate consistently as Jailbreak was during its time. I think that Hunger Games would be a good addition to the community, providing it has adequate plugins I can see it, or a similar idea, taking off within the community.

1 server "under construction"

1 server constantly dead

What's there to lose?

By the way, nice post Kai.

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Blyss said:

@Kai MANS NEVER BEEN IN MARQUEE WHEN ITS SHUT DOWN EHH? TRUSSSSSSSSSSST ME DADDY

Why the fuck are you here?

Edited by Hobbsyy
Kai = OB's Saviour

5 hours ago, Finnley said:

>History will repeat itself.

>That is not how one does business.

>Creating servers takes a lot of work and planning, Conor knows more about that, but if it were really easy, I am sure we would've already done it.

If you dont try new things, nothing can be achieved. You can't be sure history will repeat itself when this is a very different type of server which we've had before. There is nothing wrong with trying eventhough it might take a long time to set up. I mean jailbreak and anyother things we've tried is so far dying so i dont see a reason why something different isnt worth a try. Tbh i know if we had a 1v1 server or retake server, i would and i know people who would play the server quite frequently and can build a good atmosphere whilst populating it. Ofcs its only my opinion but if we dont do something different we will be a dead community in no time.

14 hours ago, Sniffles said:

CS:GO isn't the place for OB anymore, time to move onto a different game imo

name the game?

name the type of server?

If you want to see OB actually repopulate another server then just saying CS isn't the game anymore isn't going to help... suggestions will :/