Sign in to follow this  
Joji

Monitor going to sleep whilst gaming.

Its only been occurring the past couple of days, never before.

42f02c4cb30fcbde69a4e4aaca96e091.png

*** I'm also rocking 2 external fans at the front of my pc and 1 at the back which provides cooling around the cpu. ***

*** 500W (power supply) ***

These are my basic specs, I don't know if these are even needed but if anyone needs more info about my pc then feel free to ask.

- To summarise what is going on, when I begin playing a game, everything is fine for about an hour or two, depends on what game I'm playing.

After a long session of playing, my monitor completely cuts out (whilst my second one is still up and i can hear sound) and It stays on sleep, the only way I can turn the monitor back to its normal state is by restarting my pc, and of course that is insanely tilting if you're playing cs go or league, especially if its ranked.

I don't know if this is because my graphics card might be overheating or my power supply is a bit shit (500W) . 

But I'm open to any suggestions.

- ty

3 minutes ago, Blyss said:

LET THE POOR THING REST YOU LEAVE IT ON 24/7 WHAT DO U EXPECT :crying:

I HAVE TO RESTART IT EVERY NOW AND THEN BECAUSE OF THE ACTUAL PROBLEM WHAT DO YO MENA

So what i get from this @Blyss is that you're constantly flaming kids on the forums for having no life and barely going outside and you're probably doing it so you will get people to think that you go outside but you probably don't, you're just doing it to boost your ego. It is very sad what you are doing so i would appreciate it if you stopped as comments like this are not needed on threads that are legit interesting or someone wants help. So please stop being a fucking retard and let people do what they want and i don't even see why you even care whether they have lives or not since yours must be so incredibly great with all these comments you're making.

Please stfu

regards

--

Pasickle 

and unfortunately Joji i was unable to find a solution for you sorry :(

Edited by Pasickle

@Joji 

>Open up the back of your monitor, until you see all the chips and shit.

>Look for little battery-looking things (capacitors).

>See if they have like brown shit on top or anything else that looks like it's leaked out.

>If they do, then replace them. Easy fix. If they don't, you are on your own from here.

I had this problem twice with my monitor. I just replaced the leaking capacitors and it was fixed. Capacitors are literally around 30p each, so it's a cheap af fix if you can solder yourself.

1 hour ago, Joji said:

I don't know if this is because my graphics card might be overheating

I've had problems with my graphics card overheating as well, my screen used to just go black for around about 30 seconds to a minute then again for about 20 seconds just after. Although my monitor didn't turn off completely, seems like we had a similar issue.

6 minutes ago, Finnley said:

@Joji 

>Open up the back of your monitor, until you see all the chips and shit.

>Look for little battery-looking things (capacitors).

>See if they have like brown shit on top or anything else that looks like it's leaked out.

>If they do, then replace them. Easy fix. If they don't, you are on your own from here.

I had this problem twice with my monitor. I just replaced the leaking capacitors and it was fixed. Capacitors are literally around 30p each, so it's a cheap af fix if you can solder yourself.

I'll give it a go tomorrow, thanks for the reply anyway fin. <3

2 hours ago, Hobbsyy said:

Very friendly contribution to the problem, +honor

I mean I usually find my answers with google and get it solved in seconds/minutes. He has precious time and wants to start gaming but can't if this keeps happening. I am only trying to make him solve his problem quicker.

3 minutes ago, Vemix said:

I mean I usually find my answers with google and get it solved in seconds/minutes. He has precious time and wants to start gaming but can't if this keeps happening. I am only trying to make him solve his problem quicker.

He probably tried that, hence the forum post?

11 hours ago, Vemix said:

If you think I haven't tried my luck on google searching for an answer, you might be a bit retarded.

I've come to the forums BECAUSE I haven't had any luck finding a solution somewhere else.

Why waste the time to up your post count by unnecessarily commenting here if you don't have any assistance to provide. Go away