Sign in to follow this  
UnSeen

ESL Outbreak Summer 2017 - Results

Winners: Team 3 / Zelka Reborn - Kai, Eagle, Rachel, Joji, Jesse, Rhyse
Each of you will be awarded OB Champ, the ESL OB Summer 2017 Trophy on the forums and possible other prizes (which I am not at liberty to award atm cus idk what they are lel).

Runners Up: Team 5 / Village People - Danny, Blyss, Mitch, Nuclear, Gunstar, Vemix

(interesting note: 'Team 3' won last time and Team 5' were runners up last time :thinking:)

468c49c115.png

The maps for the final were: Overpass (16-14, ZR win) / Cache (16-2, VP win) / Dust2 (16-8, ZR win). Although I was busy for most of the final, for the bits I watched and the feedback I heard it was a pretty close final so wp to both teams.

4d08ad6eb6.png&key=55477a9e0484b2e0450d9

Group stage in case you didn't see my post in the other thread. 

Extra player stats, courtesy of big Lew: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/184copnOVqWqOlxljvXBfE0dToVLkwlqn-PTXvaTyQDo

As per, thanks to all who participated and wp to all. We saw our first OB tourney 16-0 and some other enjoyable moments, hopefully many were caught on stream and one day will pop up in a highlights video, just like that Spring tourney reel amirite :devil:

Special thanks to @Lewis for hosting with me as per usual. Also to @Sir_Conor for setting up the server and being there to backup when I had to deal with irl memes yesterday. Thanks to @Oldmike for streaming and @Scrune for filling in for the one game. Some good casting all round from @Mintlou @Jamie @Thunder and even a bit of @Chris Lord too.

Admittedly at some point earlier in the year I said about making this larger scale, but I think both time constraints and also the community's investment in CS meant the style we went for this weekend suited far better. Thanks again and hope you enjoyed it xoxo

Edited by UnSeen

4 minutes ago, Kai said:

tfw you use jump bug and still lose

Using game mechanics to the fullest = bug? If so, then the counter strafe mid air for awp is a bug as well, the strafe anti strafe with deagle is a bug then, It's all mechanics smh

2 minutes ago, ҉NuclearGamer said:

Using game mechanics to the fullest = bug? If so, then the counter strafe mid air for awp is a bug as well, the strafe anti strafe with deagle is a bug then, It's all mechanics smh

Was still a good match, gg

Edited by Kai

8 minutes ago, ҉NuclearGamer said:

It's not so much a bug as it is a stupid mechanic - being able to get big info while completely hidden is pretty dumb. That's not to say that it wins you games or it can't be countered, it's just pretty annoying.

21 minutes ago, ҉NuclearGamer said:

Using game mechanics to the fullest = bug?

The jump bug gives an unfair advantage so if it was a mechanic it would be a pretty bad one

Other than some skids crying about counter strike bugs the tourny was really fun, ty for hosting it

Edited by Designated Retard