Rory

[SPOILERS] Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion Thread

About the episode.... sigh

The episode in general was good, the fighting scenes were brutal and the editing is out of this world but the writing is just god awful. I can understand to some extent that they need to speed things up a little but they could have avoided certain plot holes by doing things in a different way.

A prime example was the fucking supersonic raven. Yeah if it took like 5 days (from what I've read that's how long he should have taken to get to Dragonstone) then it would be pointless since Jon and crew would all be dead by then but why get to that point in the first place? Insted of having Gendry run back to the wall to ask for the raven to be sent to Dany, you could just have Dany getting worried about Jon since he's going on a suicide mission and she would just fly there with her dragons and end up getting there when they are all about to die, just like what happened.

Then the main character's plot armor. It's insane, it's thicker than the fucking wall. How can everyone from that huge crew survive from that situation? (apart from Thoros and the randoms) This isn't GoT... at least kill off one of them, maybe Tormund since the others still have a purpose to the main story. 

And lastly fucking Benjen. I could deal with the supersonic raven and the plot armors but this actually pissed me off.He shows up for the second times in years, puts Jon on top of his horse, says he doesn't have time to climb the fucking horse(??) and peace the fuck out of there and so he suicides. He was on screen for what, 30 seconds? What was the purpose? Jon goes all suicidal hero mode FOR NO REASON to make us think he's going to die and then ''OUT OF NOWHERE DIDN'T EXCEPT THAT AT ALL'' GOD BENJEN shows up spinning his flaming balls to get himself killed instead??? Him and Jon were great friends back in season 1, I would pay to see them talk after all these years...  Now what, he's going to show up as a wight in the middle of the WWs to give us a really emotional moment?? Fuck off cunts I hope they're doing something about that since he was half wight already, maybe he can't be converted? but then he would just die...

The episode was saved by the fighting scenes and the editing(oh and the banter between Jon's crew) but it makes me sad that GRRM couldn't write the books in time so we could have his story instead of this dumb predictable disney movie shit, whoever is writing this needs to be fired asap, I feel like I'm watching Teen Wolf at this point.

Still, ''it's GoT so the episode was amazing, 9.9/10!!!  I can't wait for the season finale!!!! Jon+Dany 4eversss!!'''

rantover.

Musical Scores are fucking top notch in GoT too, no one seems to bring this up but it's fkin amazballs.

And yes the writing has kinda fell of the cliff.

Writers are trying to push the season along far too fast and with no more content from the books, they've just shit themselves.

Benjan was just watching everything and idk what the fuck he was doing. I guess he didn't go with him since he can't actually cross the wall. 

We also saw Jon on Benjans horse in the trailer, so I knew at some point Benjan was saving Jon Snow's fine booty.

Benjen is already dead, plus he can't be converted due to the dragonglass the children of the forest put in his chest to stop him from becoming a Wight.. so will he actually die for good or what

but yeah +1 to the writing. the fucking endless stream of randy wildlings that kept dying was honestly hilarious and made me kinda cringe. Apart from that good episode

Holy fucking shit, although half of the stuff that happened was predictable they still managed to have that ''wow'' factor on me.

Littlefinger's death was SO suitable ... I'm insanely sad that he died but it had to happen. His death was amazing. Also, I kinda bought into the whole plot twist that made us (and LF) think that Arya was gonna die. Pretty good.

Incest is confirmed..... I hate that it happened but the way they did it was actually pretty nice, they focused more on Brandon's vision and confirming the whole thing rather than doing the typical cliche emotional moment and kiss. Brilliant.

Jaime leaving KL was... odd. That's something I didn't expect to happen so soon and when the Mountain drew his sword I almost had a heart attack. Maybe it's another plan by Cersei or maybe it's just setting up for the whole Cersei going insane and then Jaime kills her scene. I think the latter will happen, specially now that she's pregnant.

BLUE FIRE YES YES FAN SERVICE HITTING ME LIKE A TRAIN YES YES YES YES YES YES . THAT DRAGON LOOKS AMAZING CALL ME BLYSSO THE DRAGON.

Rip Tormund and Beric which SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED ON EP 6 but w.e, they'll probably show up in the middle of the army and that will be our confirmation that they are ''gone''.

Also Tyrion seems a bit fishy during the entire episode, hopefully it's nothing. 

Anyway good episode, way better than ep 6 which was a complete shit show (it was still a good episode, just not good enough for GoT). 

Now we wait almost a year for the next season. :feelsbadman:

I'm pretty sure tormund and Beric aren't dead. Killing of Tormund and Beric off Screen would actually be criminal.

23 hours ago, Blyss said:

Rip Tormund and Beric which SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED ON EP 6 but w.e, they'll probably show up in the middle of the army and that will be our confirmation that they are ''gone''.

Quite curious what Jaime is up to now, he'll probably join team incest now to fight the great war, and perhaps maybe betray them later

19 hours ago, Raw said:

Quite curious what Jaime is up to now, he'll probably join team incest now to fight the great war, and perhaps maybe betray them later

Yeah same. I think any betrayal Jaime will be doing will be when he kills his baby momma.

Fuck that will be satisfying If it happens.