Sign in to follow this  
The Untainted One

Complete the Build

I've been trying to get my parts when they are on offer. So far this is what I've got (fill in the blanks with what you would use):

CPU:

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i

Motherboard:

Memory:

SSD:

SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 1 TB

HDD:

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix 1080 A8G

Case:

Power Supply:

Optical Drive?:

Sound Card?:

Network Adapter?:

Extra Fans: 3x Corsair SP120 RGB

Just as a note, I've already pretty much picked all the parts I want, I'm waiting to see if the prices go down at all before the end of summer. Interested in how you guys would build it with what I've got though.

Get a i7-7700k If you plan to overclock it, if not get the cheaper i7-7700, point is, if you want to have a more long lasting and stronger CPU get one of the newer i7's that I just listed, just take note that if you do you will need a Z270 motherboard. I would personally recommend the GigaByte Z270X Ultra gaming motherboard. Also about the 1080 ti you made a good decision, the 1080 ti along with just the 1080 are both overkill for 1080p gaming, the 1080 ti just provides a huge benefit only if you plan to play in 4k, where the 1080 ti can give you an average of about 15-25 fps increase, which for 4k is alot more than you might expect. Here in Bulgaria the price difference between the 1080 and the 1080 ti is only 100 Euro, but i'm not too sure how it is in the UK.  For a power supply a Corsair RMX 850@ 80+ Gold should be sufficent enough for the rig.

Not really sure about the case, that is more of a choice that you should make, also in terms of a HDD and SSD, you can have 2 1 TB Toshiba SATA III and one 250-500 GB Samsung SSD SATA III 850 EVO, you can use the HDD's as your main storage and your SSD for faster loading of games that are installed on it, remember that all the SSD does is lower load times and only few games for now truly benefit from it (battlefield games, far cry games, fallout series etc.) where you get about a 1 minute faster load time. But there are quite alot of games where you only get about 10 seconds faster load times.

On 12-7-2017 at 17:33, GingerPopper said:

Get a i7-7700k If you plan to overclock it, if not get the cheaper i7-7700, point is, if you want to have a more long lasting and stronger CPU get one of the newer i7's that I just listed, just take note that if you do you will need a Z270 motherboard. I would personally recommend the GigaByte Z270X Ultra gaming motherboard. Also about the 1080 ti you made a good decision, the 1080 ti along with just the 1080 are both overkill for 1080p gaming, the 1080 ti just provides a huge benefit only if you plan to play in 4k, where the 1080 ti can give you an average of about 15-25 fps increase, which for 4k is alot more than you might expect. Here in Bulgaria the price difference between the 1080 and the 1080 ti is only 100 Euro, but i'm not too sure how it is in the UK.  For a power supply a Corsair RMX 850@ 80+ Gold should be sufficent enough for the rig.

Not really sure about the case, that is more of a choice that you should make, also in terms of a HDD and SSD, you can have 2 1 TB Toshiba SATA III and one 250-500 GB Samsung SSD SATA III 850 EVO, you can use the HDD's as your main storage and your SSD for faster loading of games that are installed on it, remember that all the SSD does is lower load times and only few games for now truly benefit from it (battlefield games, far cry games, fallout series etc.) where you get about a 1 minute faster load time. But there are quite alot of games where you only get about 10 seconds faster load times.

Lol this is pure shit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (8 cores, future proof, bugs are fixed now, spin an overclock on it and it will eat intel)

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i

Motherboard: Asus Prime X370 Pro

Memory: Any dual set with 16 gigs and 3000mHz+ because AMD loves it

SSD: Just take the biggest Samsung 850 EVO you want.

SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 1 TB

HDD: Wont need i think.

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix 1080 A8G

Case: Whatever you like as long as it supports an ATX motherboard and your cooler you have, NZXT, Thermaltake, Corsair and Cooler Master have some nice ones.

Power Supply: Corsair RM650x

Optical Drive?: Optical drive in 2k17 lel

Sound Card?: Unless you don't own a high-end headphones or speakers. No.

Network Adapter?: No.

Extra Fans: 3x Corsair SP120 RGB