Jamie

[Event Suggestion] [FUNERAL] Jailbreak's Sendoff

Hi, I have a suggestion.

As jailbreak is officially dead and buried, we should host a farewell event. We can all bring a short emotional farewell speech and go down the list, saying our final goodbyes. I can provide the sad funeral music. 

Im assuming due to how people are moving on from CS servers in general, the JB gamemode will forever be a no go option for an OB game server. It's been with us all these years and brought us much pain and joy. I cannot see another attempt being made.

Let's give our old friend the sendoff she deserves.

???

9 hours ago, Scrune said:

Did you just assume gender???

...... no offense but you're a fucking retard

Anyway, jb is dead in this community but what about fixing it insted of just straight up giving up with some shitty event that everyone will forget about a week after? Theres always kids that will want to play jb, you just have to discover a way to find them.

What do i know tho im just a drunk genius :/

Passion isn't there with the people with power. There's a reason other JB servers are still very active and OB isn't. If enough was done new players would constantly be attracted to the server and regulars (myself included) would absolutely still play.

Found it questionable myself when effort was thrown into a minigames server and all effort was withdrawn from the one thing that made this community what it is.

13 hours ago, CQCOD said:

Passion isn't there with the people with power. There's a reason other JB servers are still very active and OB isn't. If enough was done new players would constantly be attracted to the server and regulars (myself included) would absolutely still play.

Probably agree with this, unless, as Skeff said it's decided it's not what we want as a community then maybe this is a good idea, but Jailbreak brought a lot of people here and life is busy for a lot of people at the moment, there is a possibility if the work is done by people then the it might have a resurgence in the summer.

53 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Probably agree with this, unless, as Skeff said it's decided it's not what we want as a community then maybe this is a good idea, but Jailbreak brought a lot of people here and life is busy for a lot of people at the moment, there is a possibility if the work is done by people then the it might have a resurgence in the summer.

Unless the plan for a JB resurgence in the summer involves advertising then I can't see how this will happen.

OB's version of JB is much more people focused with a lack of over the top plugins, this is the way I prefer it to be when I am playing. In general the demographic you need to have a successful server would be primarily young people who would think these qualities are a negative.

I don't think we will ever see JB like it was, even when it was at it's peak it was slow growing server with a steady flow of regulars. To get this back you would literally need to start at 0 again.

Hold the funeral event, get all the old faces on for one last blast at it and then call it a day and possibly revisit the idea in the future when a clear direction has been put out.

14 hours ago, CQCOD said:

Found it questionable myself when effort was thrown into a minigames server and all effort was withdrawn from the one thing that made this community what it is.

It's not that effort was withdrawn from JB and put into MG, the drive for JB to be successful again was lost weeks/months ago.

Sure MG put JB in a fucking coffin but it would have been inevitable, this just speeded things up.  

16 hours ago, CQCOD said:

What a load of horse shit bro lmafo. The thing that has made this community what it is is the people, always has been and always will be. Most core members and associates of OB don't play our official servers that much, why? Cause we spent most of our time hanging out with each other, chilling, chatting, playing other games. You guys should honestly stop thinking of JB being this huge cementing force of OB, we had a JB server back on css, it died, we had a surf server on css, it died,we had a gmod server, it died, I could go on...guess what...we are, well most of us anyway, still here. Servers come and go, they open up, they close down, but if your literally here to only play the servers then kthxbai

45 minutes ago, Fluxy said:

What a load of horse shit bro lmafo. The thing that has made this community what it is is the people, always has been and always will be. Most core members and associates of OB don't play our official servers that much, why? Cause we spent most of our time hanging out with each other, chilling, chatting, playing other games. You guys should honestly stop thinking of JB being this huge cementing force of OB, we had a JB server back on css, it died, we had a surf server on css, it died,we had a gmod server, it died, I could go on...guess what...we are, well most of us anyway, still here. Servers come and go, they open up, they close down, but if your literally here to only play the servers then kthxbai

Ah k so if you are here to play the server then you shouldn't be here at all. Id argue that you base the community on "core members" solely and don't see the potential of attracting new members constantly to the community. My idea of this community is based on players I would of regularly played with when I joined the server which wouldnt of consisted of too many core members and each person would view the community differently based on how  they engage but you seem hell bent on having a blinkered view that core members no longer want to play it so server must go. Like I said there's a reason other JB servers are still thriving.