Jamie

[Event Suggestion] [FUNERAL] Jailbreak's Sendoff

I think that what's been missed so far in this thread is one very simple fact: most of the old core characters are older. Most of us have outgrown the roleplay of jailbreak and actually prefer to spend time with each other chatting on teamspeak rather than arguing with children on jailbreak, which as mentioned is the target demographic of said game mode.

We've gone from squeaking about being freekilled etc to sharing pretty passionate opinions about broader life issues at large. Or just arguing and joking with each other like old regulars in a local pub. For most of the older crew and newer faces who've successfully integrated, it's about social interaction rather than playing a game mode to get to know each other. We're well past the point of needing activities to bind us together.

I've got nothing against JB but it appears to simply be past its sell by date. I've painfully worked with other mods before a couple years ago to revive it, with some success but ultimately the same result: death. 

JB dying isn't the end of OB, nor is growth even the be all and end all - I'd much prefer the current quality of member is maintained than diluted with a wave of new skids. But if JB is to die, maybe no one putting effort into it would allow for other avenues of opportunity to make themselves known. And if not, the old guard who've been here nearly five years will surely pitch in to keep the old girl afloat.

Change isn't always bad, and we've all certainly changed. 

Cheers gents and keep active on the teamspeak. This has happened before and will happen again, but we're in it for the long haul. :) 

Edited by VENGA BUS

Exactly as venga said, I feel people thinking that the JB server lost popularity cause we didn't have enough fancy plugins or whatever, and all it takes is a bit of work and we would have a great server again. This isn't really the case, JB is a game mode that requires personalities to make it fun and interesting. You can a massive store, a shed load of maps, loads of add ons and plug ins but if you get some autistic 10 year old screeching first reaction last reaction or simon says for hours on end people are gonna be like nah fuck that. 

6 hours ago, Fluxy said:

Exactly as venga said, I feel people thinking that the JB server lost popularity cause we didn't have enough fancy plugins or whatever, and all it takes is a bit of work and we would have a great server again. This isn't really the case, JB is a game mode that requires personalities to make it fun and interesting. You can a massive store, a shed load of maps, loads of add ons and plug ins but if you get some autistic 10 year old screeching first reaction last reaction or simon says for hours on end people are gonna be like nah fuck that. 

I do agree with the fact that Jailbreak is made up by the players, and that's what originally got me into Outbreak; the stark contrast in personalities of the players.

Despite this there are some things that I believe a modern Jailbreak server needs to keep up with popular competition and some of the plugins were clearly outdated or broken making the game unplayable for some people. 

2 hours ago, Cereal said:

I think this is probably a good idea at this point and this should go ahead, there is clearly no interest in Jailbreak in its current state. 

nah mate they're just at school trust, give it a few weeks, I'm sure JB will be back to normal reallll soon ;)

Can't get a pubg server, there's not much interaction with other players and it wouldn't bring new people to the community.

Also 1v1 server is a great idea

Edited by Kai