Jamie

[Event Suggestion] [FUNERAL] Jailbreak's Sendoff

2 hours ago, CQCOD said:

Ah k so if you are here to play the server then you shouldn't be here at all. Id argue that you base the community on "core members" solely and don't see the potential of attracting new members constantly to the community. My idea of this community is based on players I would of regularly played with when I joined the server which wouldnt of consisted of too many core members and each person would view the community differently based on how  they engage but you seem hell bent on having a blinkered view that core members no longer want to play it so server must go. Like I said there's a reason other JB servers are still thriving.

yeah but who the fuck even wants to play JB anymore?
I've hardly got time to play games these days and even if I did I wouldn't spend it on JB.
I assume most of us have had our fill. 

if we don't have people to populate the server it won't gain new members

Edited by SonyTwan

If you want to attract new core members you need a way to do this. JB has always been the best way for us, but sadly it is dead and will likely stay that way. There needs to be some clear direction/goal for the community else it won't expand. OB will never die because we have a strong core as fluxy said.

Picture OB as a vacuum cleaner. Use the nozzle (JB/other methods) to suck dust/shit (regulars) into the vacuum storage bag (ts) where the rest of the dust/shit (core members) reside.

Without power to the mains (higher ups), we will just be stale dust chilling in a storage bag.

43 minutes ago, SonyTwan said:

yeah but who the fuck even wants to play JB anymore?
I've hardly got time to play games these days and even if I did I wouldn't spend it on JB.
I assume most of us have had our fill. 

if we don't have people to populate the server it won't gain new members

Ya fair point and its a matter of opinion like I know full well a lot of people have completely lost interest in JB, thats obvious, but id honestly be of the belief that there is a lot of people who still do want to play it and I know a lot of people would agree with me.

41 minutes ago, Jamie said:

If you want to attract new core members you need a way to do this. JB has always been the best way for us, but sadly it is dead and will likely stay that way. There needs to be some clear direction/goal for the community else it won't expand. OB will never die because we have a strong core as fluxy said.

Picture OB as a vacuum cleaner. Use the nozzle (JB/other methods) to suck dust/shit (regulars) into the vacuum storage bag (ts) where the rest of the dust/shit (core members) reside.

Without power to the mains (higher ups), we will just be stale dust chilling in a storage bag.

Post of the year

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

Post of the year

Where you been Rory? haven't seen you in a while...

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Where you been Rory? haven't seen you in a while...

Eating my own jizz

Real answer -

I'm hardly ever alone anymore, either in work or with people so difficult to get a chance to use computer. I miss TS times though so will probably find time soon.

Edited by Rory

Simple, you want more people to start playing JB you gonna have to implement some new store items, achievements, goals or something to make people grind for.

I still suggest adding the Bomb for T's which makes the gamemode more interesting and come on.... who doesn't want to try to get 5 kills with it.

Just making JB more interesting is a way to get more people to join it and then it will slowly start to come back.

10 hours ago, Vemix said:

Simple, you want more people to start playing JB you gonna have to implement some new store items, achievements, goals or something to make people grind for.

I still suggest adding the Bomb for T's which makes the gamemode more interesting and come on.... who doesn't want to try to get 5 kills with it.

Just making JB more interesting is a way to get more people to join it and then it will slowly start to come back.

Well the point was that we have a more vanilla jb, without many plugins. Also no matter how many new things get added people are just burnt out on it. I have over 1000 hours on jb and honestly I can't enjoy jb unless there are more than 15 people on anymore. And even with that in mind I just don't have as much fun with it, not sure how most other people feel about it. JB is the thing that got people in OB, but it dying out doesn't mean the community dies with it. Not sure if it needs to be closed down just yet, but maybe doing a temporary stop and focusing on mg and maybe newer servers would be better.

Obviously the right way to go with OB is to turn it into a gaming org and sponsor a top CS team. We've already debuted our first team at a LAN which was streamed on twitch. It's true we didn't get the W but what org wins the major in their debut? With a bit more player development, I see OB as a top 20 HLTV team by the end of next year. Then Conor can roll in the domino's money as all the OB merch is being sold.

On 6/11/2017 at 04:48, Blyss said:

...... no offense but you're a fucking retard

Anyway, jb is dead in this community but what about fixing it insted of just straight up giving up with some shitty event that everyone will forget about a week after? Theres always kids that will want to play jb, you just have to discover a way to find them.

What do i know tho im just a drunk genius :/

I don't feel that fixing a dying gamemode will help. It is true OB was able to resurrect the JB server to astonishing results, but I'm assuming part of that was due to switching over to a new Counter-Strike game that could attract a slightly different audience. Nowadays, you have the major clans from CS:S who are well-established on CS:GO (e.g. Prestige Gaming, to name one off the top of my head) who have a sturdy foothold in the custom gamemodes. In order to resurrect Jailbreak, we would need something that could outdo the competition. Even if we could, I don't think it would work.

I've played with a Garry's Mod community well before I joined OB, one that almost dominated the other servers (Rank #3 on Gametracker). Their numbers died out after a while, and although they did attempt a reboot to mild success, it did not last in the long run (they died out AGAIN after a couple months). Needless to say, even though this was a community with a different game and a different audience, I feel that if they were unsuccessful in a reboot, I don't feel that OB would fare much better. Heck, the reboot OB did took place on a different CS game.

The only possible way I see another reboot working out is if everyone pulls together and plays on the server at once to bolster the player count (something the GMOD community suggested but the members never got together to see it through). If we were able to get a large amount of OB players on the server for a prolonged amount of time each day, it MIGHT keep the player count large enough that people seeking an active community would want to try us out. However, I don't think we would be able to muster enough people to get together like that to fill up the JB server day after day.

The server was nice while it lasted, and it was nice to play again with a familiar community, but I feel that Outbreak Community's servers have sung their Swan Song. This time, however, I don't believe they'll be making a comeback. Sorry for sounding like a Debbie Downer, but that is, in all seriousness, how I see it.