Sign in to follow this  
MiniColossus

OB Retake

43 minutes ago, Kai said:

Theres plenty of minigame servers, why does ob need one.

Retake servers are for warm up, you don't spend all day on them. Whilst playing on mg you put time into the server to unlock perks and clothing accessories which you can come back too and have fun with everyday. You spend time on minigame servers to chill out with friends and have a laugh, thats why a retake server would be a waste of time.

Instead just invest more time on mg and jb.

6 minutes ago, Joji said:

Retake servers are for warm up, you don't spend all day on them. Whilst playing on mg you put time into the server to unlock perks and clothing accessories which you can come back too and have fun with everyday. You spend time on minigame servers to chill out with friends and have a laugh, thats why a retake server would be a waste of time.

No harm in having one but at the same time no need for one so I don't care either way. 

Edited by R1sk

4 minutes ago, Joji said:

theres nothing i love more than looking at my lovely mg accessories every day, i live for that

Just now, Kai said:

theres nothing i love more than looking at my lovely mg accessories every day, i live for that

of course you do, considering you've now got sweat patches on your seat from sitting on the server for the whole day :/

Just now, Joji said:

of course you do, considering you've now got sweat patches on your seat from sitting on the server for the whole day :/

didnt mean to hurt your feelings :)

6 minutes ago, Joji said:

I don't think this is inherently true - while I agree that there are people who use retake purely for warm ups, that doesn't mean that everyone does and that servers don't have regulars. There are plenty of times that I go on a retake/1v1 just to chill out with friends and have a laugh, just because I don't spend all day on it, I still spend considerable amounts of time playing it - most people don't spend all day on mg/jb either, it also doesn't mean I won't come back.

I feel like there's a misconception that all people who play retake sweat it - when, in my experience, there's plenty of people there just chatting to each other that play retake for fun and to meet new people as opposed to a quick warmup before a comp.

+ Nobody plays minigames for the accessories :/

3 minutes ago, The Almighty Eagle said:

I don't think this is inherently true - while I agree that there are people who use retake purely for warm ups, that doesn't mean that everyone does and that servers don't have regulars. There are plenty of times that I go on a retake/1v1 just to chill out with friends and have a laugh, just because I don't spend all day on it, I still spend considerable amounts of time playing it - most people don't spend all day on mg/jb either, it also doesn't mean I won't come back.

I feel like there's a misconception that all people who play retake sweat it - when, in my experience, there's plenty of people there just chatting to each other that play retake for fun and to meet new people as opposed to a quick warmup before a comp.

+ Nobody plays minigames for the accessories :/

Fair enough, although when i mentioned 'playing minigames for accessories' i didnt just mean that, it was one of the many reasons people come on to play. 

I've never exactly 'chilled' out on retake with friends but guess its just me. 

How half of retake servers work these days:

1) Join the server

2) Have an obnoxiously loud motd ad blast your ears off

3) Wait for the next round to start

4) Have an obnoxiously loud motd ad blast your ears off

5) Spawn in the next round

6) Have an obnoxiously loud motd ad blast your ears off

7) Die or Win round

8) Have an obnoxiously loud motd ad blast your ears off

9) Repeat steps 5-8 a few times

10) Mute motd in console

11) Have a huge annoying message pop up in game telling you to unmute motd

12) Leave server to find a less aids one

13) Can't join a team on half the servers you join because motd is muted

I would probably be willing to put up with the motd ads on an OB server more than another server though.