Sign in to follow this  
Absolute

Terrorism has no religion.

It's happened again and this time in Manchester, 19 people confirmed to have lost their lives and at least 50 injured...

Making this post just 20 minutes after the incident and witnesses have apparently heard 2 explosions and yet nobody know who's behind but it's assumed to be another terror attack by isis. I was watching the live broadcast on Facebook and the majority of the chat is just typing about how Islam really isn't a peaceful religion and how they let them in to the country and this how they are thanking the country by killing and bombing,  as a muslim I want to tell you guys isis are not muslims... they might call themselves muslims but in the Quran I know what it says about jihadism and I also know what it says about killing innocent people and that's all isis is doing and I hate them just as much as you guys and this incident really scares me of going to any future concerts or any other big crowded places.

My thoughts and prayers goes to the victims and their families.

I understand your point on ISIS not being representative of Islam as a whole, but first of all the attack happened three hours ago not 20 minutes. 

Also Reuters have reported from unnamed US officials that's it's a terrorist attack. It's an extremely fair assumption to make that any large scale terrorists attacks in Europe are carried out by/under the banner of ISIS.

I feel as if you've just written down everything in your head without trying to put it together and get a cohesive point across, but as I said, I can agree with you on the matter of Islam being dragged through the dirt by a minority group.

Yeah you're right, mean't to say that I heard about the incident 20 minutes ago, anyways I read it wasn't confirmed to be a terrorist attack but it is confirmed now indeed.

And don't bother my cohesive point since I was very tired writing this and I really just wanted to prove a point that probably few in Outbreak will see differently and hopefully many can be as understandable as you Irish, I am afraid to say that it is getting scary to call yourself a muslim nowadays especially in countries where these kinda things happen such as Sweden, England, France etc etc.

8 hours ago, IrishChamp said:

, but first of all the attack happened three hours ago not 20 minutes. 

I feel as if you've just written down everything in your head without trying to put it together and get a cohesive point across,

Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

You might say that is isn't an act of proper Islam, it is some skewed and twisted variant stemming from some crazy Muslim. I agree this is giving normal Islam a bad name. It's just a shame that their psychotic actions are being blamed on that particular religion - because if Islam didn't exist, they'd blame it on something else. I'm not too sure how much Islam motivates these people to do these kinds of things. 

I hate bullshit like this.

Why blow up kids? I can understand killing soldiers or policemen or security services, as these are people who can be seen as part of the western forces which do bullshit in the Middle East.

But kids? What a sick bastard.

But yeah, I don't hold this to be representative of Islam. It's like saying the IRA bombings were a Catholic thing, or the protty bombings a Protestant thing, when 99^% of those groups don't do shit like this.

This is awful though. :/

Researching a bit on stuff like this. It seems ISIS targets or gets attention from people who are vulnerable (depressed, psychos, etc), I am waiting to learn more about the attacker this time around when more information is revealed.

65 million. That's the population of UK. It only takes 1/65,000,000 person to be a terrorist considering how many psychopaths, sick bastards, vulnerable individuals there are and uneducated retards start blaming race and religion behind a computer screen. 

If you read the AMA on reddit a while ago about a ISIS terrorist (who apparently got airstriked before he could do his 2nd AMA) who moved from Netherlands to join ISIS, it was quite interesting to learn about the ideology and his reasoning behind joining ISIS. He described how isis soldiers would go to heaven and are serving their god if they die in battle and had many claims that were totally unproven and bogus, interpreting the Quran in a very extremist way. To a sane person, you could just see how brainwashed he was. 

I don't think it's officially been claimed to be ISIS yet instead of just a individual, but I won't be surprised if they take responsibility. The identity is being kept a secret for the ongoing investigation, which I think is a smart move.

It's nice to be able to talk about a topic like this, so please be respectful when posting.

Edited by Gunstar

Very close to my heart this one, you don't realise how it would effect you. This was only 6 miles from where I live and I knew people that took their kids to this concert, thank fully all OK.

It's only going to get worse but I will never live in fear and my kids will be taught the same.

RIP to the ones we lost and hopefully the rest will survive.

Edited by gaffeR

Most of these attacks are carried out by lone wolf nut jobs who are inspired to do so by groups like ISIS. Rarely there is direct contact and these groups just claim responbility after the fact because it makes them look stronger. Truth is there is a counter terrorism arrest almost every day in the U.K., these are mostly achieved through surveillance of people making contact with ISIS and groups in Syria/Afghanistan excettera. It's likely they didn't pick this guy up because he would have had no previous contacts and was probably not a person of a concern. This is what is so dangerous about this current form of terrorism. 

Governments in a hard position where the issue of privacy and surveliance especially online is such a hot topic at the moment. We only need look at the results of the PATRIOT act put in by Bush post 9/11 that shows how much harm knee jerk reactions to stuff like this can cause. 

Anyway, another time where you gotta question the state of the world and how we got to this point. Hopefully there will be and end to things like this in the future. 

6 hours ago, Mintlou said:

Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

You might say that is isn't an act of proper Islam, it is some skewed and twisted variant stemming from some crazy Muslim. I agree this is giving normal Islam a bad name. It's just a shame that their psychotic actions are being blamed on that particular religion - because if Islam didn't exist, they'd blame it on something else. I'm not too sure how much Islam motivates these people to do these kinds of things. 

The timing was completely relevant. Absolute was claiming that the question of "who did it" was still up in the air and people were just jumping to ISIS, despite sources having come out in the hours since it happened.

1 hour ago, Eraser said:

You didn't have to make this post Absolute my dude. Anyone who is not a moron knows the actions of the few should not condemn the many.

Absolute, I know I say somethings on ts, but it legit means nothing and is just a joke, 100% behind what eraser has said.