M1nt-l0u

General Election 2017

You would have also dismissed Trump getting in and brexit ever happening as the product of 'daydreaming'. The polls would have agreed with you.

The polls have had some movement. It's bad, but getting better. We will wait and see over the next few weeks.

That said, I am sceptical of polls as I believe they're usually designed to influence rather than measure public opinion, but the only way we'll know is on June the 9th.

The polls have been wrong for over two years now. Brexit, the 2015 general election, and the US elections remain testament to that.

Besides, no leap forward has failed to be accompanied by a sense of both desperation and hope.

Edited by VENGA BUS

Calling it now, Labour have won. Jeremy Corbyn is our next PM.

I'm seeing a similar movement from what we had when TRUMP was big, and when people went crazy for MR.BREXIT (Farage). Large and enthusiastic public turnouts, massive internet presence for the desire for that particular result and an event that 'no one is expecting'.

On 2017-5-22 at 14:33, Mintlou said:

My predictions are:

CON majority

On 2017-5-25 at 22:49, Mintlou said:

Calling it now, Labour have won. Jeremy Corbyn is our next PM.

Didn't realise several altering opinion polls over the course of 2 days would alter your predictions so much Minty babe

I think May's decision to abstain from the TV debates was an excellent one, probably agreed upon by her advisers as being the best course of action.

Either she goes to the debates and makes a fool of herself on national TV due to Corbyn's charisma, or she simply doesn't go. The former would obviously sway a lot more indecisive voters, or easily manipulated people. I don't think too many people's votes will alter just because she sent someone else to do the debate for her, if you alter your political vote purely based on the leader missing a debate, you're not really the kind of people the country should have voting. Corbyn clearly knows this too, hence his - almost desperation - to get her to come to one. 

Corbyn is like your Obama's and Clegg's of politics, they thrive off public chemistry. But it's kinda cringy how desperate he is to make himself look like a man of the people. Rolling down his window to talk to cyclists, accepting pringles off people and what not, things he clearly wouldn't do if it weren't for an election on a day to day basis. May is much more a politician of the past, your John Adams types, an intellectual who doesn't do well in the public light. Sad how times have changed, we should be voting for how they will do in office, and what they will do in office, not how they appear on TV and their personality. A lot of people will vote labour for those correct reasons, but it's just saddening that a large amount also choose to vote based on how the two are as an individual person. 

Probably two of the worst candidates we've had for a while, can't think there's too many people who will be ecstatic at who wins, based on how middle-grounded the majority of the UK electorate is. Bring back your Blair's and Camerons =[

tl;dr - May not going to the debates did her more good than harm anyway

Personality or not, the conservative manifesto has nothing in it that will benefit me.  Also Nick Clegg having personality?!

Labour and its manifesto represent far more people than that Conservative edition - even if you take the leaders out of this completely. The media is what is propping the Tories up, if people actually took the time to read and understand each manifesto, you'd have far fewer people voting conservative. 

Their party (and this election campaign) has only survived on political sound bytes and phrases. Funded media giants who own the papers are spouting about how strong and stable they are as a party, without backing any of it up. If you ask the average 50+ year old why they are voting Tory, they will most likely tell you "because it isn't that man from Labour, they're terrible and Theresa May clearly has everything under control".

Political ignorance is what will win it for the Tories. Nothing more.

I really don't understand how you think that you can be some kind of underdog, who really knows what's going on behind all of the shit, Lewis. What are they actually doing for you?