M1nt-l0u

General Election 2017

Today is the LAST DAY to register to vote.

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Whatever your voting intention, have a vote and a say. 

My predictions are:

CON majority

LAB closely following. Or maybe even a hung parliament, depending on the outcome of the young vote.

UKIP losing a lot of votes due to the big 2 cherry picking at some of the smaller UKIP policies. 

LIB behind LAB, still not really relevant

SNP not as yellow as they were, taken over by LAB

44 minutes ago, DannyS said:

Get May and Corbyn to have a debate.

Easy Labour Win.

Cya next time.

(strong and stable, shouldda seen her u-turn conference lmao)

Why would this be stupid?...

:>

Well I'm not supporting Sniffles saying it would be stupid but one quick look at any number of opinion polls seems to suggest that the Conservatives need to take a large blow for Labour to come out on top.

10 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Honestly shocked if Labour don't win this election

Kek

1 hour ago, DannyS said:

Get May and Corbyn to have a debate.

Easy Labour Win.

Cya next time.

(strong and stable, shouldda seen her u-turn conference lmao)

Why would this be stupid?...

:>

I'm not as big into politics as I want to be but from what I can tell;

>Opinion polls show CON have a massive chance to win

>This election is very much Corbyn vs May and anyone who thinks Corbyn's utopia is in any way going to happen is stupid, May knows it won't be a walk in the park and admits it'll be tough to get through at times

>may wouldn't have called an election if she didn't believe the CON party had a 100% chance of winning

but hey it's only sniffle's opinion and he's uneducated 

27 minutes ago, Sniffles said:

I'm not as big into politics as I want to be but from what I can tell;

>Opinion polls show CON have a massive chance to win

>This election is very much Corbyn vs May and anyone who thinks Corbyn's utopia is in any way going to happen is stupid, May knows it won't be a walk in the park and admits it'll be tough to get through at times

>may wouldn't have called an election if she didn't believe the CON party had a 100% chance of winning

but hey it's only sniffle's opinion and he's uneducated 

> Opinion polls mean absolutely nothing.

> Corbyn vs May. Master Debater vs something that looks like a crabs ball sack.

> Nearly every MP voted in favour of a snap election. Clearly everyone thought they could make ground, even the labour party.

May wouldn't have put policies into her manifesto if she would pull a u-turn in 4 days, oh wait. :>

You're saying this woman has some foresight in the slightest, but she couldn't foresee a negative reaction to cutting winter fuel allowence for the elderly and benefits for the disabled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by DannyS

47 minutes ago, Sniffles said:

I got angry at this, and then I remembered you've probably only heard what your parents say, or what you've heard in the Tory dominated media.

If you want to hear the other side and have a broader knowledge base, then check out the below. If you still lean Tory/UKIP, that's cool, but don't do yourself over by only knowing half the story.

Video about some doctor dudes and shit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/election-2017-latest-michael-fallon-immigration-skills-charge-levy-cost-cabinet-minister-tories-a7744426.html 

Fallon unable to offer any answer on how reducing immigration to tens of thousands would be compatible with economic  growth.

https://benjaminstudebaker.com/2017/05/17/dont-vote-for-the-tories-labour-offers-a-serious-alternative/

Cambridge Economics PhD who writes a number of interesting articles. This one is a defence of Labour's economic/industrial policy.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/18/making-things-matter-britain-forgot-manufacturing-brexit

Piece by an award winning Cambridge economist Ha-Joon Chang. His ideas are much better explored in his books, but this is a good place to start for an inkling. The books he writes are littered with empirical examples of the ideas he briefly outlines here.

I'm not writing lots here. I'm just dumping this, and if people want to have a read, they can do. 

2 hours ago, DannyS said:

> Corbyn vs May. Master Debater vs something that looks like a crabs ball sack.

> Nearly every MP voted in favour of a snap election. Clearly everyone thought they could make ground, even the labour party.

May wouldn't have put policies into her manifesto if she would pull a u-turn in 4 days, oh wait. :>

You're saying this woman has some foresight in the slightest, but she couldn't foresee a negative reaction to cutting winter fuel allowence for the elderly and benefits for the disabled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

poor kid that lives on benefits found 

4 hours ago, DannyS said:

I don't see how you can argue that a wide range of opinion polls conducted on different demographics throughput a country by different independent organisations have no bearing on how voters are likely to vote (without a big change in the meantime).

The only way I can see you justifying this statement is by claiming all the polls are rigged in favour of the conservatives, in which case give me some evidence and then I'll accept what you said.

Also if Labour voted no to a snap election but it was called anyway then everybody would see they had no confidence in their ability to grow. They needed to vote yes or risk an absolute massacre if they couldn't stop it.

9 hours ago, IrishChamp said:

I don't see how you can argue that a wide range of opinion polls conducted on different demographics throughput a country by different independent organisations have no bearing on how voters are likely to vote (without a big change in the meantime).

The only way I can see you justifying this statement is by claiming all the polls are rigged in favour of the conservatives, in which case give me some evidence and then I'll accept what you said.

Also if Labour voted no to a snap election but it was called anyway then everybody would see they had no confidence in their ability to grow. They needed to vote yes or risk an absolute massacre if they couldn't stop it.

Sample sizes are tiny. 1000/2000 people is barely a small village, never mind trying to make it represent large areas or even the whole population as a whole. No one really wants to take part in polls and there's many different liabilities that would impact the outcome. For example people having a laugh and saying they would vote for the Panda Sex Party.

7 hours ago, DannyS said:

Sample sizes are tiny. 1000/2000 people is barely a small village, never mind trying to make it represent large areas or even the whole population as a whole. No one really wants to take part in polls and there's many different liabilities that would impact the outcome. For example people having a laugh and saying they would vote for the Panda Sex Party.

Yet every group of 1000/2000 people has thrown up very similar results, none of which show Labour on top. I don't really see any relevance of people saying they'd vote for make believe parties when in fact quite a number of people go out and put bullshit on their voting card. Unless it so happens that a very large number of labour supporters are lying to pollsters in an effort to shock everybody at the last minute, a few knobs putting down "Panda Sex Party". 

I might come off here as a Conservative shill but I don't have any UK party allegiances, just pointing out as somebody from the outside that many of you are daydreaming in thinking that somehow Labour get a majority from this GE.