Scrobbesbyrig

The Great Interactive Victoria 2 Thread

So, from that Title, this probably sounds weird, but hear me out.

THE GREAT VICTORIA 2 INTERACTIVE GAME.

All of OB will be offered the chance to represent themselves as a political party member within a nation we choose in the world, the goals are simple, garner enough votes from your fellow members through the usage of the +honor, make sure your party remains popular enough to win the next election, make promises, stand up for your parties policies (even if you don't agree with them) even trade political favours with one another, your also allowed to treat your fellow politicians with your quick-wit & snide remarks just like the British Parliament!

All of this, will be represented through the glorious autistic game of

VICTORIA 2

As such here is the explanation of the Rules below:

• Spoiler

First we will pick a mod of our choosing from 2 mods will be available to pick from, the 2 mods I have picked are because they'll be the most interesting and our quite unique in their own way the vote for the chosen mod will be 6 days long , what these mods ARE I will speak about further on when we have the players. After the picking of the mod, I will post a group of recommended Nations for us to play on the mod, however, you are allowed to vote for whichever nation you want on the map, this voting will last around 3 days.

• Spoiler

I will be the main controller of the game obviously, my position is simply to push the game in the area which is agreed upon/fought on/the policies of the Party that was elected (If you represent Interventionist Policies for the economy, then I will subsidise industries on hard times or assist the market in building factories etc.) I will write a small story every 5 Years of the game, this will be in the form of written history, so a speech about the political scene (the arguments you might get into,the promises that were made during the campaign, etc.) & then a rundown on the elected parties policies and how it affected the nation I will also orchestrate possible disastrous events, depending on a random roll I will take during your 5 Years as well as events that will happen naturally through the game, I will use a mixture of game screenshots & historical paintings to add more to the post.

• Spoiler

After Picking the Nation, I will write what the Political parties that exist are,example is below  from these, you can post your wish to be Leader of the Political party, If I believe (and others believe) that you are suited for the Role, you will be granted it, or Speaker for the parties policies, or just be a Voter, being swayed by whomever can come up with a good argument. 

Spoiler

LIBERALS

Foreign Policy: Anti-Militarist

Economic Policy: Non-Intervention/Free market

Immigration Policy: Full Citizenship/Immigration-Friendly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONSERVATIVE

Foreign Policy: Jingoistic

Economic Policy: State Capitalist/Protectionist

Immigration Policy: Limited Citizenship/Restricted Immigration

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traditionalist

Foreign Policy: Jingoistic

Economic Policy: Agrarianism/Protectionist

Immigration Policy: Meritocratic Citizenship/ Selective Immigration

• VOTING .

Voting will be quite simple:

Spoiler

• Election campaigns will be a week long, A political parties leader has to post at least ONCE if they do not the party will be considered to have conceded their party from that weeks election,leaders of the political parties are encouraged to make promises, form new strategies (focus on allegiances with nations, declare war for rightful territory,factory building & what workers will make, ending unemployment etc)  or just form Witty Banter & hope that people overlook the fact that you didn't promise anything and your actually useless in the position.

• Speakers are people who help represent the Party of the Ideology they follow, they will post points to the policies that they represent, speakers will volunteer to the Political Party Leader and it is up to the leader of Said party to allow him to become a speaker. A political party can have 3 Speakers Max. The Political party leader is allowed to revoke the speaker position anytime.

• Each person is allowed to vote ONCE, this is done through +honor'ing the political parties leaders post, if you +honor any other political leaders post, your vote will become Obsolete, you are however, allowed to +honor speakers and voters concerns to show solidarity with their points being made. The Political Party leader with the most +REPS on that weeks post will be declared the winner (Its First Past the Post system), after that, the 2nd Highest will be granted the role of Opposition, and they will influence events & the writing through the 5 years.

• After the week is done, I will play the 5 Years of the elected party, following the closest to the Manifesto they have posted and having events happen through those 5 years, the review of those 5 years will then be posted around 3 DAYS after the Election has finished after I post the review of those 5 Years, the next election will begin & the parties will begin the campaigns again.

And with that, Any questions on this, and anymore details needed, I will answer. 

The game will start after its obvious we have a interested group of people who are willing to put some time on this idea!

•  
Edited by Keiji Motori