M1nt-l0u

Unseen appreciation thread

Because the great admin team didn't allow us to make comments, please do so here.

I personally feel that this brings Outbreak the most uncertainty of its five year period. I hope that the role is handed to someone competent and liked enough to fill the tough position. I'm worried. I don't see anyone as capable as he to take the position. (And can commit the time required).

I think that OB has to downsize or rapidly step up and see what can be done to keep us above water, because that news is a big hole in a ship that was reported sinking some time ago...

UnSeen you've been a really mature and talented Head Admin. You've shown us what good people are like. You've committed far too much of your good time to a community that probably doesn't deserve it. You've had to be the listener for so many people without the same treatment given to you. You deserve better than Outbreak, and we can only thank you for your continued perseverance to get stuff done for us ungrateful swines over the years. I know this isn't goodbye, but there does need to be some public appreciation for your seismic contribution to Outbreak. Well done!

What it says on the tin.

I wanna give Matthew big props for dealing with a varied community with a few problematic characters (at times these have even been the vets, hard to believe I know!) and a lot of politics and drama. He's dealt with endless crises and needless rows in his time, and he's always done it as diplomatically as he could. I know he's made some fairly tough decisions in his time re: punishments doled out (even I was punished once, again hard to believe!), but with Unseen you could guarantee that it was fair, and it was always for the benefit of the server and community overall.

I genuinely feel Unseen has always just wanted what's best for the community and all of its members, and he put shit loads of work in to improve it and resolve conflicts between members and groups, many of which were very petty, particularly given that a lot of them were perpetuated by 20+ year olds or kids at good universities who really ought to know better.

He was always the guy to go to if you were after a balanced and fair appraisal of a situation or drama. He's a smart and articulate chap too (give him a few years and I imagine he'll be eloquent rather than articulate), so he was able to give you the lowdown in a quick, digestible fashion.*

*excluding the odd admin waffle post. Every admin who's been good with language has done the same though.

I hope to to see more of you out in the feral backwaters beyond the glittering Small Council Chambers. Come visit the savages once in a while.

Lots of love unseen, and all the best of luck in your exams, though I doubt you'll need it. Let us know where you end up studying, and what you end up studying (if it's still English I'll love you all the more).

xoxoxo

Because I know this is OB's favourite film of 2K15, and it's fitting:

P.S I don't care if this counts as rimming out Unseen. He deserves this thread more than anyone imo

P.P.S traps aren't gay 

Edited by VENGA BUS

Unseen. Really sad your stepping down. You were someone that people found easy to trust and brought a huge amount of emotional depth to the approach of the admin team. It's amazing to think back to when you first joined, the shy guy who was really a bit of a cod fag deep down, progressing onto mod and then into the position you have just stepped down from. Your one of the core original group and someone who has always done your best for this community that I, and many others have found a place in, and I sincerely thank you for everything you have done. I can imagine Outbreak has not been the easiest vessel to help steer over the years, but as has been said previously, part of the ship part of the crew.

I know you stressed you weren't leaving really, but thought I'd still take my chance just to say thanks. You done a great job bro. Now you can relax and hit the sand!, I hear water is just right this time of year... 

e7cbda28de465849f876127c272f0224.png 

P.s thanks again for dissertation help <3 

Thanks Unseen for everything, really appreciate what you have done for this community and myself.You put a lot of time & work into making this community a better place.

Thank you.

Pappa Wifeseen, got mod the same time Simi and I did, we went on dat journey together into the nursery that was Jailbreak <3 Simi is a shithead and i was the greatest mod ever to have taken up the heavy mantle but you were somewhere in the middle, not too shit, not E RAY GOD tier. Shall miss your authority when the OG channel descends into a soundboarding aids-fest and i hope we can continue all our usual banter with p2fiddys in gathers and losing tournaments lel. U da man, wifeseen <3

Also, Mintlou checking in on the mod team to see if there is space

mHqAHLl.gif

Admeeeen :crying::crying::crying: whos gonna stop conor_admen from perma banning me now? Thanks for everything man! Sorry for being the biggest shitlord ob has ever had.

Big hugs from gopnik and good luck for uni

Edited by Liutvi Mestan

Cheers to the staff member who saw my potential, despite the fact that I never fully used it.

UnSeen pushed me to rise the ranks in Outbreak. Even though I decided that being a long-time Staff member wasn't for me, I highly doubt I would have gotten to that position without him.

We've had a few disagreements on certain issues in the past UnSeen, but I really think you've done your absolute best in guiding this community since the day I joined. I'm merely impressed you were able to put up with the amount of shit OB throws you on a daily basis for this long.

Hopefully you can chill out with the guys more (fuck exams amirite) and play some games you really want to. You could even try turning into a skid like me :spooky:

Thank you UnSeen, you've done a good ass job.

Make sure you stick around to come to any future of meetups, we need someone to keep an eye on Gunstar :beer:

In all seriousness, thanks for everything you've done for the community! Even though I haven't been able to be as integrated as I used to be, it's still easy to see the impact you've made to OB. I'm definitely not envious of the person who has to fill your boots. Although thinking about it, people said the same thing about Wist and you did more than anyone could have imagined.