UnSeen

ESL Outbreak Spring 2017 - 07/04 - 09/04

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

As far as I remember, when 10 of you cornered me in teamspeak raging about the teams, not one of you pointed toward Nick, Sov, Wurdy, Cereal and lkgddr being OP.

You were actually all pointing towards how team 8 was gonna get stomped (they finished top of the group) and how the Jamie/Kai team was gonna be unstoppable (they finished 0-3) - how quickly opinions have changed :> :> :>

i think the 10 people did say why the fuck is nick and sov on the same team lol

1 hour ago, Veng3nce said:

Lewis is right, you'll all be complaining our team is stacked when we win today :hmm:

Just make sure your asking the other guys to play on a German popflash server. Don't want you have that unplayable lag on Bristol again :) 

4 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

i think the 10 people did say why the fuck is nick and sov on the same team lol

Don't recall any of that tbh. I certainly recall you saying your team had no chance after some of the replacements occurred, and now you're in the grand finale :>

ppl can moan moan moan, seems like a fair tourny to me!

2 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Don't recall any of that tbh. I certainly recall you saying your team had no chance after some of the replacements occurred, and now you're in the grand finale :>

ppl can moan moan moan, seems like a fair tourny to me!

But u just said we didnt say anything about it,im just pointing it out that we did like wtf.

Also i never said that we had no chance,   wtf ????????????

Edited by Extinct ツ

Just now, Extinct ツ said:

But u just said we didnt say anything about it,im just pointing it out that we did like wtf.

Also never said that we had no chance,wtf ????????????

??? None of you said anything about nick and sovman being OP is what I said, which you didn't.

I'm 100% certain and would be willing to bet on my life that someone in that conversation said 'Extincts team has a good chance to win the tournament' and then you replied 'Na, not now we've lost mitch and have joji, our team is weak now'.

To me it's just hilarious sitting back listening to you all pre-tournament and now how every opinion has suddenly altered with hindsight LUL

1 minute ago, Lewis said:

??? None of you said anything about nick and sovman being OP is what I said, which you didn't.

I'm 100% certain and would be willing to bet on my life that someone in that conversation said 'Extincts team has a good chance to win the tournament' and then you replied 'Na, not now we've lost mitch and have joji, our team is weak now'.

To me it's just hilarious sitting back listening to you all pre-tournament and now how every opinion has suddenly altered with hindsight LUL

Lewis Im gonna come in here and say I 100% remember people saying nick and sov on the same team was stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Lewis said:

'Na, not now we've lost mitch and have joji, our team is weak now'.

fucking exactly,now where did i say we have no chance.Just saying our team is weak now.But ended up with joji being the dark horse of the tourny.

3 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I think your trolling.

10 minutes ago, Fluxy said:

Lewis Im gonna come in here and say I 100% remember people saying nick and sov on the same team was stupid. 

Well I certainly wasn't there, but all I got was the 30 minute discussion on it. Maybe you guys highlighted that in my absence.

I personally don't see why nick and sovman on the same team is stupid when other teams have the likes of Mike and kai. Our team were a few rounds from beating them, you look way too much into the higher end players, I honestly attribute their success to having 3 solid lower players, I don't rate sovman and nick ridiculously higher than any other top duo in a team. 

The way you guys act is so reactionary. No doubt if a few kills went the other way and we beat nicks team instead of losing 16-13 none of you would be here saying they were OP. Also, although vengence is probably memeing around, if in the possibility extincts team 2-0 nick and sovmans team, all the 'extinct team OP' kids will be out. There's honestly no winning and no way to have an intelligent discussion when all you guys put forward is 'look at this sole player on this team, he's really good'. Open your eyes.

Edited by Lewis

Just now, Wurdy said:

this is just a bit of fun right?? it doesn't really matter who wins tbh. Lets just make the most of the final few games :D Good luck Team 5 

exactly as Wurdy says in the end its just a tourney for fun, even if the teams where a bit unbalanced.

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

FYI every single player in tiers above sovman has statistically performed better than him with the exception of chus (kappa)

I know you'll probably moan that stats don't mean anything,

Stats really don't mean anything, especially without context. (It's like saying my team was better than your team cause we beat you 16-11)

Can we just have a wider participation on the making of teams? Can't see how this would be a bad thing.

(Also thanks for hosting tournament xoxo)

If you're gonna put chus as a captain cause of last tournament, then blyss shouldda been one at least.

Edited by DannyS

You're all fucking shitters who I have to purposely play bad against to stroke your egos.

Godseen and Godrune, all I have to say.

Seriously though, perhaps Sovman and Nick are a tad strong a combo. Perhaps our 'tiers' (which bear in mind were just thrown to provide a basis for the team randomiser, not to be 100% exact) weren't the most accurate and people could have been moved up and down. However, did it seriously impact the ability to create a competitive tournament? Not really. Can you say that any number of opinions would be able to predict how consistently people perform in a tournament? Not really.

Perhaps we could have reached out to more people, but truthfully even then there would still be arguments and accusations of it being unfair. It's not like we are 100% clueless as some of you made out, maybe not as active as ideal but not completely out of the loop. The people we were unsure on we took a moment to think about and see how they did in different games, otherwise it was just our opinions.

We didn't 'pick captains' or '8 strongest players', we just did it so the numbers would pull out certain people to chuck onto teams and have it roughly fair, which it was since each team had 2 stronger players and 3 others. Even the team that had the combo of Stiqqy and Absolute (arguably the weakest duo to be put together out of all the strong end duos) were able to only lose 14-16, 14-16 and 11-16. They were never really stomped and they lost more because lower end players (ie. myself, pasickle) under-performed.

We were able to provide roughly fair teams, try put some different people together and put it into a competitive format. That's all we ever wanted to provide and anyone expecting much better is deluded. My only real disappointment is the way people handled themselves before, during and after exiting the tournament. I wish more people could maintain a competitive edge while still having the same attitude as Wurdy & Scrune have mentioned - unfortunately it seems I'll never see OB be a place for that.

All the same, I hope for a good BO3 tonight.

I want to see a cheesy pp-Bizon rush when the other team is in eco tbh.

Also 

28 minutes ago, UnSeen said:

You're all fucking shitters who I have to purposely play bad against to stroke your egos.

Godseen and Godrune, all I have to say.

Seriously though, perhaps Sovman and Nick are a tad strong a combo. Perhaps our 'tiers' (which bear in mind were just thrown to provide a basis for the team randomiser, not to be 100% exact) weren't the most accurate and people could have been moved up and down. However, did it seriously impact the ability to create a competitive tournament? Not really. Can you say that any number of opinions would be able to predict how consistently people perform in a tournament? Not really.

Perhaps we could have reached out to more people, but truthfully even then there would still be arguments and accusations of it being unfair. It's not like we are 100% clueless as some of you made out, maybe not as active as ideal but not completely out of the loop. The people we were unsure on we took a moment to think about and see how they did in different games, otherwise it was just our opinions.

We didn't 'pick captains' or '8 strongest players', we just did it so the numbers would pull out certain people to chuck onto teams and have it roughly fair, which it was since each team had 2 stronger players and 3 others. Even the team that had the combo of Stiqqy and Absolute (arguably the weakest duo to be put together out of all the strong end duos) were able to only lose 14-16, 14-16 and 11-16. They were never really stomped and they lost more because lower end players (ie. myself, pasickle) under-performed.

We were able to provide roughly fair teams, try put some different people together and put it into a competitive format. That's all we ever wanted to provide and anyone expecting much better is deluded. My only real disappointment is the way people handled themselves before, during and after exiting the tournament. I wish more people could maintain a competitive edge while still having the same attitude as Wurdy & Scrune have mentioned - unfortunately it seems I'll never see OB be a place for that.

All the same, I hope for a good BO3 tonight.

Scrune is the most chill teammate I've ever played with and enjoyed him being on my team.

Much love <#