Sign in to follow this  
Blyss

One Way Ticket

I was just browsing facebook and found on a post on a popular news website about a group of friends that decided to travel around the world. As I read it I realized that 2 of them are actually old friends of mine! A girl, named Rita, used to be my neighbour and we were good friends when we were younger. The other one I used to smoke some joints with back in high school.

Long short story they got bored of the typical life where we study > work > die and decided travel around the world with no money at all. They hitchhike, work in hostels in exchange of food and a bed and that's pretty much it. They have all the time and freedom in the world to visit new places, find new cultures.. it's truly amazing and I respect them a lot for doing this.

They also have their own website

https://www.onewayticket.website/

and their instagram (they have a couple more pictures here) https://www.instagram.com/onewayticketpt/

It's actually pretty interesting if you want to check out their stories (I think only Rita and Igor have written one) and the gallery which has some amazing pictures. Here's one of my favorites:

d69b9d30086a88afc3c85b1bceea8182.png 

Would you do it aswell? I would go right now since one of my dreams is to travel around the world but first I want to finish uni and til then who knows what will happen.

Edited by Blyss

Looks like a fun trip, I would like to go to some of those places.

My housemates have been talking about trips around the British Isles and various European countries in the summer. If we actually do it then it should be great.

Edited by Skeff

Have a few friends doing similar trips, going from South America, to Australia over the span of a year and working as they go.

The only problem i have with the whole "no cash" ethic, is that it's only a matter of time before you're sucking dick in the streets for chicken wings

7 hours ago, Eraser said:

The only problem i have with the whole "no cash" ethic, is that it's only a matter of time before you're sucking dick in the streets for chicken wings

No excuses

This is something I've though a lot about doing, but I really don't know if I ever will. It'd really depend on circumstances and whatever, like if I had a stable career path on the way or an SO to think about, there's just a lot of things that could convince me not to do this.

It'll probably take some disaster in my life for me to say "Fuck it" and just go full Into the Wild on my life.

Would legit drop everything to do some extensive travelling, my brother is not long back from Vietnam/Thailand etc and some of the pictures he took were just unbelievable. 

Nice thread. 

I've met a few roving coders, which is pretty massive in Asia. Essentially, you flit between net cafes, where you pick up jobs from local/international businesses to code X. You do the job, get paid, and keep moving. If I could re-start my stuff I'd definitely get SUPER into coding as a kid.