rhyse1317

PLAYERUNKOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Let me guess:

1) Some influential figure finds this game and proceeds to have everybody else purchase it. No? - Proceed to 2

2) This game is a highly anticipated new release, prompting everybody to purchase it. Yes? - Proceed to 3

3) Everybody is putting in mad hours into this new game. Yes? - Proceed to 4

4) Everybody playing this game has stopped playing CSGO, claiming this new game is 'so much better, and fuck that old CSGO game'. Yes? - Proceed to 5

5) Within either 2 weeks / 30 hours of gameplay, the game will be untouched forever more by the majority of these players with the exception of 1 or 2 guys who can't let go. Probable? Proceed to conclusion

Conclusion - I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN BEFORE. JUST A COMPLETELY UNEDUCATED HYPOTHESIS.

£30 to play yet another dayz/h1z1/rust/the forest/vaguely military themed early access survival game full of bugs and glitches and bad movement that will be poorly updated after 2 months before being ditched by developers so they can focus on their next hot new game.

I have a hunch that every single one of these are made by the same Nigerian Prince.

We're all guilty of this at some point. 

The reasons I won't be buying it are inline with Lewis's points. It will be played to death for a few weeks and then die down. The game mode doesn't have the same level of complexity that CS:GO has, it's much more spontaneous and random. It has little replay value after 40 hours or so. People will get bored of the map, weapons and rules, and will only return briefly when the dev adds some DLC. They might even be scummy enough to include DLC in an early access title (ARK did this).

People are comparing this to already broken previous titles (H1Z1, Arma Mods etc). It will die like they did until some ex-DayZ dev wants to try this again.

It's fine, I won't talk about it again. I'm just marking this bit for future use. 

5 hours ago, Lewis said:

Let me guess:

1) Some influential figure finds this game and proceeds to have everybody else purchase it. No? - Proceed to 2

2) This game is a highly anticipated new release, prompting everybody to purchase it. Yes? - Proceed to 3

3) Everybody is putting in mad hours into this new game. Yes? - Proceed to 4

4) Everybody playing this game has stopped playing CSGO, claiming this new game is 'so much better, and fuck that old CSGO game'. Yes? - Proceed to 5

5) Within either 2 weeks / 30 hours of gameplay, the game will be untouched forever more by the majority of these players with the exception of 1 or 2 guys who can't let go. Probable? Proceed to conclusion

Conclusion - I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN BEFORE. JUST A COMPLETELY UNEDUCATED HYPOTHESIS.

Words of frustation from a man that is studying 24/7 while his OB comrades are enjoying a great new game

4 hours ago, Mintlou said:

It has little replay value after 40 hours or so. People will get bored of the map, weapons and rules, and will only return briefly when the dev adds some DLC. 

Im sure many people would say the same about csgo. You play the same maps maybe 2-3 times a day, you play csgo every day like some people to do you can be playing maps like mirage and cache maybe 8-10 times a week. The map is the literally huge with quite alot of interesting stuff dotted around to discover, I have seen underground military bunkers, ancient ruins, power plants, schools all sorts. Stating this game has 40 hours in it max is an compete understatement, you don't keep coming back to games like csgo to see new stuff, you go back again and again for the feeling it gives you, people who enjoy this will get that exact same feeling. Some people can rack up hundreds and hundreds of hours on games like H1 and ARMA, this game is no different if not better, so there is no reason why it shouldn't do well.     

I am not a huge fan of BR games, and as a result my feelings towards this game is kinda hit and miss, sometimes I find it very fun, other times less so. I do not think they should be charging 26 pounds for this. No where near that amount, the game is still buggy as all hell and in pretty game breaking ways too. Getting stuck in cars, the parachuting landing is a joke, people crash all the time. "But its an early access game, you gotta expect that" some people cry. No. That should not be the culture we should be encouraging, that its perfectly fine and expected for a game to release at almost full price and be as technically flawed as so so many early access games are. 

Early access was meant to be a way in which smaller developers could get certain parts of their game working and then show it off for a short peroid of time, sort of like a tech demo for those enthusiastic enough to maybe buy into for a small fraction of the game would be when it released, a release date that was planned and worked towards from the very start. Many games have done this effectively, Kerbal Space Program and Killing Floor 2 to name a few. However some games, and these indie BR titles are especially bad for it, seeing early access as some way to basically just release a less than finished game and are extremely vague about what the finished product is meant to look like or if it will ever come out.  

Do I think PUBG is good? Yes, I think it has huge potential, the gunplay is punchy and satisfying, the graphics are actually not that bad at all, it feels much tighter and more competitive that games like H1 (even though I havent played that much, I'm going off what other people say) and seems that they are chasing the perfected form of what a game in that genre should look like. Although as I said before this game should $20 (15 quidish) MAX, absolute max.  

Also @Lewis, that is a pretty accurate hypothesis and it does happen often, but people should still be allowed to take a break from CS right? Sometimes diversity is good, sometimes people get excited about a game that just provides a bit of a break to the same routine everyday.