Sign in to follow this  
Twiixtor

CS:GO 3/15/2017 Update - New Case, Knife Skins, Map etc.

Go here if you want the full update log: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/

The thing I am most excited about:

spectrum_knives_2.jpg

BRUH YES. I am such a Butterfly Master Race kinda guy and seeing the fucking Butterfly Tiger Tooth made me wet as fuck. In my opinion they should have added those knife skins a long long long time ago but hey they here now and I am hyped as fuck! Also sad because I just cashed out my inventory ._. pls donate me money

Also yeah Spectrum Case whatever all skins look like shit in my opinion but THEM KNIVES DOE :O

New map CANALS also looks meh and gives me a whopping 50 fps average. Nice!

What are your guys's opinions about the new KNIVES... i mean update in general?

Edited by Twiixtor

imo there are to many angles to check in the new map and it is close combat. The thing i like the most about the new map is that there is a spot on the map where you can hear a opera song :D.

About the new knives, they look lit.

by the way someone apparently unboxed a bowie ruby already after 2 hours of update release

Spoiler

I found evidence that de_canals was going to be a map and I posted it on reddit, everyone laughed at me --- look who's laughing now.

The new knives look quite nice to be honest. Sapphire Bowie is just <3.

Canals on the other hand is't as impressive as I would have liked, same for everyone else. But we must be patient with it... Overpass and Cobblestone took one/two years to perfect. Don't know if anyone here has been playing G.O. since launch and remembers them being introduced.

Canals has a very long road to take to being a good map, but it will get there in time, we just have to be patient and playtest it.

P.S. I'd advise not playing it in competitive. There are MANY glitches, and several spots you can get above or out of the map entirely. Valve didn't work on the clip brushes very well.

Overpass and Cobble wasn't an alleyway/shotgun map on release. I honestly cannot see this map going anywhere, huh guess we will see. Seaside from Op bravo had more potential than this, even Santorini/Season.

The gun skins are also garbage. Apart from the blue fiveseven, but y'know it's a blue. Knife skins nothing new, novelty will wear off after a while.

The best thing to come of this update is the command to let you see your team's equipment on key-press, essentially giving you information through the walls on where your team mate is and their equipment. You can also enable this permanently. HRTF also sounds a bit better.

jamie + at least they showed some love for my beautiful huntsmans 

they really need to come up with some new good competitive maps , season with a few tweaks would be good enough... santorini aswell i guess although i never really liked the angles on that map

REWORK TUSCAN PLEASE

Edited by Blyss

Personally, I liked canal, currently 7/8 on it.

Personally, map could be tweaked, pistol rounds are a joke, you can plant on b site before they're even there, if you control courtyard they lost all sites, I'm just rushing 57 and getting frags here and there, Right now only way I can contest b site is if I go from yard to site.

A site is a joke, if you got aim you got easy site right there.

Love the fast playstyle on it, makes for a change 

First time I play de_canals today after a solid 2 months of no competitive. The map design is decent but the gameplay is just aweful. Like Nuclear said you can easily Rush B and plant before the ct's get in position and if you have an awp/scout on A holding Shoe Store or the connector you can easily defend A.

Otherwise to the new knifes it is a cool addition and hope to soon see more people getting different varies of skins instead of the typical Doppler.

Canals is a bit of a shame really. It's pretty clear someone has spent a long ass time making the map, the detail on it is actually pretty incredible. But my god, it is not a fucking CS map. I don't get the map design at all, it seems so geared towards smg/corner/rush play on the b side, then the a side is just these huge barren spaces with some of the longest sight lines I have ever seen. Everything is wallbangable, the water looks like urine, why can you go swimming again? Revan you aren't wrong when you say that Cbble and OP needed reworked to be what they are today (cbble is still garbage though) but this the issues with canals won't be solved by moving some walls or creating a few new chokepoints, the map from the ground up is flawed as a good CS map entirely. All I can say is a feel really sorry for whoever put all the hard work into it cause it really is a beautiful map for the most part. 

Also 

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE THEY DONE THE PHONEIX MODELS. They look like fucking fishmen 

Edited by Fluxy