Sign in to follow this  
Finnley

The Outbreak KZ Race RESULTS

cooltext234437569925318.png

Before I write the results I want to say something about the event itself, because as we all noticed it didn't go very smooth...

In all honesty it was bound to not run very smooth from the start. The conditions for the event got kind of bad at some point. This is going to be kind of an excuse, but we will also learn from this for the next event.
So what happened? Over a week ago we had a good idea of what we were going to do for the event. Then all of the sudden I get really busy IRL, so I couldn't help testing the server and making sure everything worked etc. Then No Good's internet dies and basically only Gingerpopper is left to test everything with Unseen, so ye... 
After that about an hour before the event I hear that some plugins are not working and nothing got tested for an mvp-round, so we had to make it an actual KZ race. First I thought this was easily done, but then I realised that a race requires a fair start and the CP system kind of broke the whole game. On top of that people completely disregarded everything I said before hand, which got me a little frustrated and that's were it went wrong really.

To the people who started the gather halfway in. I get it, you guys weren't enjoying yourselves, but in a way it was pretty disrespectful as it wasn't communicated to me at all and we are doing our best to get an event going, voluntarily.

Luckily there were some people who did still enjoy the event and took it seriously and here we see the best KZ players in Outbreak:

Results:

1. Designated Retard
2. Fxden
3. lkgddr
4. Old Mike
5. iZac

Congratulations to you all and you can get your price along with your Champ tag at Unseen.

As MVP we have chosen the best OB regular who didn't make top 5, which is:

MVP:

Tammahshay

@Tammahshay You can also beg Unseen for a Champ tag and a little bit of that Jailbreak dinero.

Thanks for playing and sorry for the chaos ;)

I know events are tough to run, but I'd like to point out people only started leaving after 30 minutes of non-communication from any of the hosts. The event was meant to start at 7, I left after around half an hour because I had issues downloading the maps and nobody was clear what was happening. Had we started yet, was it live, so on and so on. The map got changed without any notice (which also kicked me out the server) when I was like half way through the first one and I was like kthxbai. None of the people hosting the event were in the channel for any length of time for almost the entire length of the event. Dont moan about people not communicating to you when nobody had any proper direction for over 40 minutes, it was only at that point people started leaving. 

I understand you were busy with IRL stuff in the week before, but no good's internet cutting out (interesting timing but ill say no more) is not a good enough reason as to why there was 0 communication between hosts and players during, from my understanding, the entire event. From my point of view would have been pretty easy to load the map, freeze everyone, mute everyone, explain whats gonna happen then set everyone off, or am I wrong?  

Hugo does sum it up. I get events are stressful, but given how straight forward this one should have been, the lack of communication was astounding.

Typing in text is not sufficient communication in an event. When it gets completely out of control, just join the room in Teamspeak. Tell everyone to stfu on pain of getting kicked/event banned. Explain what is going wrong, and what you're going to do to fix it, then do it. Let people play around on the map if they want, so less boredom from waiting, then restart the game when you're ready to go live, tell everyone on TS to remain in spawn or they get kicked. Go live. Simple.

i would just like the maps being used to have their file on the event thread so that people can download the file for the event. because even when finding out how to fix the map issues. I spent ages looking for somewhere to actually find the map until scrune gave me a website which had the map file download on it. only problem from here was that the map i downloaded wasn't compatible with the event server one for some reason (after following what desi told us to do). So people like me and extinct, etc couldn't even use the other method to download the map. Therefore we couldn't get into it and left it since it already started at some point?.

The files for the maps have been given out like in this event and a few others before. This could help people with download errors in the future too. A simple dropbox like that would help so much.

Edited by Sovman

I do want to comment that Finnley's comments were to explain why it ended up out of control, stressy and a mess. I spoke to the hosts and we went over the criticisms so they can take note and improve for future. I'm not saying 'don't critique', but I just want to put it out there that we already had an in depth chat about what went wrong so grilling them about it won't help too much when they have already had it put to them.

In regard to download issues - the reason the separate download links you tried to grab didn't work is because we rename maps to _ob_ to ensure that you can download them from our FastDL. I'm not sure why there were issues unless the lingering files from the broken plugin materials caused download problems, but they were removed about 15 minutes into the event so I don't know what the problem was.

I do agree though Sovman that providing a download list for maps would be ideal where possible, but sometimes when sign up threads are made the final decision for what maps to be used aren't finalised. We'll see what we can do, but I also think this event was an exception in handling and hopefully we won't end up in same sort of circumstance again.

Event was good cause kz is just kz, considering how their timer plug in weren't working as they were hoping. 

5 minutes ago, Lewis said:

literally whenever I'm talking to @Oldmike he's telling me how much of a god he is on KZ

The server was 64 tick and for kz to feel good it almost has to be 128, and the fps wasn't exactly the best cause he said he had around 50

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

literally whenever I'm talking to @Oldmike he's telling me how much of a god he is on KZ

the kid finishes without even a medal amongst a bunch of jailbreakers? LUL

I´m quite happy i even got this high with the terrible stuttering/fps (15-50)
Pretty well known that the event server rapes potato pc's kiddo

regardless of all the mishaps i still had fun and sadly had to leave before the last map. But thanks for hosting, i enjoyed it a lot (even though i suck at kz) hopefully the next one runs a lot smoother ;)