✪Duck

Speedrunning

Hello everyone

Lately I have been playing a lot of CS:GO (mostly jailbreak) and some other games.
I was watching a video about speedrunning whilst playing some good old runescape.
Now I'm starting to get into it and watching a lot of videos, ...

I was wondering if anyone here on the forums has some experience in the speedrunning scene.
You know, just some usefull information about witch games are good to start with, ..., ...
Or just someone to talk to who is also speedrunning.

That's it, have a great day guys !
Lots of love

Duck 

xxx

Edited by ✪Duck
Missclick

I used to speedrun Portal, wasn't great at it - think I got around a 10 min run, but was still fun to do none the less.

In terms of popular games to speedrun, the 'biggest' ones include things like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 but there are plenty more out there.

My advice would just be to choose a game that you love and 1. Keep playing it over and over again, start to finish, and 2. Look around for any other people speedrunning it to pick up skips or tricks that they use.

Also keep in mind the category that you want to run (Any%, glitchless etc.), each will have their own rules which will impact the way that you play the game.

GL and HF!

back in the day metal gear solid 1, and oh boy do i have something for you

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

a little twitch event called AGDQ and SGDQ (speedrunning for good a massive event where people speedrun games at a livestreamed event to raise money for charity)

run starts at 15:26

enjoy :)

Edited by Ekitai_Hebi

1 minute ago, Ekitai_Hebi said:

a little twitch event called AGDQ and SGDQ (speedrunning for good a massive event where people speedrun games at a livestreamed event to raise money for charity)

Forgot to mention this in my post, these are great to watch if you want to keep up with the speedrunning scene and they also contribute to a great cause. Most runners will also explain what they are doing which is both interesting and can help you with your own run if you are running that game.

come on fluxy that video is legendary

sorry to go off topic. 

i like to watch speedrunners but would never try it myself. takes ages to get really good at it and im lazy. 

Edited by w33zy

1 hour ago, Fluxy said:

Speedrunners are a weird bunch. 

If laughing at this video makes me a bad person then so be it. Something about her telling a guy that's speed running to "stop" making ingame noises and the whole room of socially awkward people just not having a clue what to say or do just gets me. Obvs sad story though about the girl, still shouldn't have brought it up in that way.

28 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

If laughing at this video makes me a bad person then so be it. Something about her telling a guy that's speed running to "stop" making ingame noises and the whole room of socially awkward people just not having a clue what to say or do just gets me. Obvs sad story though about the girl, still shouldn't have brought it up in that way.

Hahah I was laughing like crazy when he said it. Don't think it is making us a bad person because the video wants to show it as a joke. So thats my excuse. The applaus made me laugh as well xD

Wouldnt really recommend speedrunning games like portal and undertale, already hundreds (if not thousands) who do attempt daily. 

Find a game u won't get bored shitless by after a week, personally i really enjoy old games like sly cooper 2, ratchet and clank, spyro, ff series etc. But honestly, it all comes down to what games you like.

i used to do jak and daxter and sly 2/3 without even thinking about it, it was my way of having fun playing those games after beating them a couple of times and the beginning of my love for fast paced movement in video games. 

as for actual speedruns that i studied and attempted only pokemon gen 1 (both any and glitchless). it was pretty simple so having a good or a bad time came down to a matter of luck. fun times 

Edited by Blyss

10 hours ago, Blyss said:

i used to do jak and daxter and sly 2/3 without even thinking about it, it was my way of having fun playing those games after beating them a couple of times and the beginning of my love for fast paced movement in video games. 

as for actual speedruns that i studied and attempted only pokemon gen 1 (both any and glitchless). it was pretty simple so having a good or a bad time came down to a matter of luck. fun times 

Oh wow I also speedran sly jak and ratchet and clank, as for more modern games i tried speedrunning dark souls, but i couldn't really get down to it, shits hard when you die in one hit because you put everything in dmg to get the fastest time.