Sign in to follow this  
Raw

Night of Mayhem: Ghost Invasion 2 Results

RESULTS

After a very spooky time camping in all possible corners spraying down your mags untill you ran out of ammo, we got the results!

We start off with the ''special'' round winner. Congratulations to:

UNSEEN

Your prize is 1k credits. Use them well please.

And now for the main part, the best campers within this community is team.....

Spoiler

TEAM 2

Unseen, Desi, GingerPooper, Pasickle, Extinct, Chus, Finnley, Skill

You will recieve 500 credits each and get invited in the OB Champ group.

The points:

Team 2: 122

Team 3: 121

Team 1: 115

The other teams:

Team 1:

Danny, Weezy, Joey, Absolute, Bibs, IrishChimp, Dank, iZac

Team 3:

Thunder, Wurdy, Cereal, Gerald, Gaffer, Substick, Rory, Oldmike

We have enjoyed this event, we hope you did too. Thanks for playing and see you next time!

Although minor criticisms could be given for the point system and health imbalances no event is perfect.

I think this event could have been even better with a custom map thrown in but that aside I had great fun, thanks to the hosts for organising this. I will be looking forward to an even more refined version of this event in part 3. (Hopefully)

Edited by Rory

10 hours ago, Rory said:

Although minor criticisms could be given for the point system and health imbalances no event is perfect.

I think this event could have been even better with a custom map thrown in but that aside I had great fun, thanks to the hosts for organising this. I will be looking forward to an even more refined version of this event in part 3. (Hopefully)

With "custom map" , we can't just make one ourselves (takes weeks). We are limited to what maps we can use, there are size limitations where the map file cant be too big e.g. over 150mb, there are maps where you have glitches/bugs and unifnished/broken textures and walls or maps which are too big or small in actual size, there are only a few maps out there to choose from, there are limited maps which is designed for the correct mode e.g "de_xxx" and ones that you can't actually use without causing crashes on load, ALL which have to be tested on the event server prior to the event. Not mentioning the server has to be restarted everytime the map crashes.

Yeah points system and imbalances could have been better, although they were continually adjusted throughout the event (Ghost HPs reduced after test round and bomb defuse points increased for extra incentive, camping bad places banned) (we couldn't make these changes in the first map because it wouldn't have been fair for the teams who have already played their rounds with those rules). I think as event hosts we did a good job tackling those issues instead of carrying on with the imbalances. But yeah, thanks for constructive criticisms.

Thanks to everyone too who made it and enjoyed the event. It was absolutely hilarious seeing you guys just get assassinated by the ghosts and having no clue wtf just happened. :y:

Edited by Gunstar