Jak

The Big Mod App Trash Talk Thread

That's why Outbreak should invest in me. I come home at 5:30PM and am available until about midnight consistently. I have zero responsibility and am able to provide support when needed.

People keep saying to me "Mintlou if you had the hours, you'd get my vote" Why are we restricting Outbreak to one server that is declining again? I will NOT force myself to play anything to get moderator. That is not what I want to spend the few hours per evening I get doing. I will offer them to expand Outbreak, doing things that I enjoy. You need help with a Minecraft server, ARK or Rust. I'll jump in and help. You need some pages on the forums redesigned to maximise our popularity, I'll do that as well. I want to help Outbreak expand, rather than joining the rut of mods who "Must get 7 hours on the server" per week. It is a system that puts the admin team in the most unhealthy state it's ever been in. You can joke about how "we don't actually force it", but the fact is that the whole stigma of "getting hours" has become such a laborious troll that people aren't taking this role out of enjoyment anymore.

I am offering to help out. This is pure willingness. You are not forcing me to do so, that's why I wanted it. If you said to me, Mintlou, spend 7 hours a week improving the forums, I'd say FUCK YOU.

Please simplify the whole thing, even if you mask the hour counts with Red Amber Green ratings. Get rid of the meme. We are all people, some of us like to do other things than be monitored each week and reported on.

Tbh, we have far too many mods for the server we currently have. We have noticed that you are culling the current team as a response to this. But I don't understand why we've got a single game server when we have the capacity to have so many to bring income in. Why have you got mods and Admins who cannot commit enough time for continuous improvement? Our moderators and especially for those higher up need to have a good presence here. It feels like the further you go up the pyramid, the quieter it becomes. That is just wrong in my opinion. 

I would like to see monthly change logs, updates and ways of getting OB going (I know that updates have been a thing for a good few months now). Not shit memes about how much "background work" is going on. Get people being proactive rather than JB slaves. Having those kind of people is not how you expand a community. You need people with opinions and drive to actually change things and curiously experiment to see what works and what doesn't. 

OB is stale to the members who helped to keep it alive, and it is a sad thought. What can we do to actually help OB become self-sustainable again?

Feel free to talk to me about anything I've raised. I want OB to keep the same infrastructure that it has worked so hard to get for a long time. Let's not see it go to waste.

Edited by Mintlou

Beautiful words from @Lewis and @Mintlou. Some might think they were a bit harsh but they said what everyone thinks. We need to stop letting 15 year old jb slaves into our staff team which give no contribution to the community whatsoever. They don't have the mentality nor the experience to help expanding this community, in fact all they can do is punish people on the server for not following the basic rules, something that ANYONE can do. Staff members should be skilled individuals, people that you can rely on to step up and bring this community forward. If you look at the application template you can see questions like ''Previous admin experience'' and ''Why should you be a moderator'' but nowadays I feel like these mean nothing as any 15(or sometimes younger) year old is accepted due to ''not being aids'' and ''capable of playing 7h/week on the server''. This led to kids being more prone to apply for mod while other people, which would be better suited for the role, completely lost interest.

Lets face it, jailbreak is pretty much dead. We need more updates, a revamp on the plugins and maps we use and a new server to call out for older members that lost interest for jb. There's no need to accept these jb slaves when our staff team is big enough as it is to handle the current player base on our server. After getting a new server we will have better applicants, similar to what happened on surf when weezy and Fluxy applied. Yes, surf failed but we can't just give up. Try a new one, advertise it, get the staff team to actually do some work insted of the typical 7h/week on jb ''rule'' which doesn't help our community at all.

Take risks, try something new. Change is good.

Edited by Blyss

6 hours ago, Blyss said:

We need to stop letting 15 year old jb slaves into our staff team which give no contribution to the community whatsoever. They don't have the mentality nor the experience to help expanding this community, in fact all they can do is punish people on the server for not following the basic rules, something that ANYONE can do.

First of all, this is a moderators job to help keep the server clean and occasionally help with things outside the server, of which we try our best to do so. Also, i don't see how a couple of years difference would change how a moderator would contribute to the community.

6 hours ago, Blyss said:

skilled individuals

This makes it seem like its a fucking real life job application which is not what this is, this is an online gaming community and quiet frankly we only need people with the capability to type a few commands into the chat to keep the server clean like a moderator should, their "skills" will develop in to being something that will help expand the community. Not everyone joins the server and knows exactly how to help a community grow and all that jazz. 

6 hours ago, Blyss said:

Lets face it, jailbreak is pretty much dead.

Jailbreak has been having 20 plus players on it over the past month so it's been quiet alive. and even if we did get a new server the "7 hours a week" rule would probably still stand to keep that as clean as the jailbreak server is.

8 hours ago, Blyss said:

Beautiful words from @Lewis and @Mintlou. Some might think they were a bit harsh but they said what everyone thinks. We need to stop letting 15 year old jb slaves into our staff team which give no contribution to the community whatsoever. They don't have the mentality nor the experience to help expanding this community, in fact all they can do is punish people on the server for not following the basic rules, something that ANYONE can do. Staff members should be skilled individuals, people that you can rely on to step up and bring this community forward. If you look at the application template you can see questions like ''Previous admin experience'' and ''Why should you be a moderator'' but nowadays I feel like these mean nothing as any 15(or sometimes younger) year old is accepted due to ''not being aids'' and ''capable of playing 7h/week on the server''. This led to kids being more prone to apply for mod while other people, which would be better suited for the role, completely lost interest.

Lets face it, jailbreak is pretty much dead. We need more updates, a revamp on the plugins and maps we use and a new server to call out for older members that lost interest for jb. There's no need to accept these jb slaves when our staff team is big enough as it is to handle the current player base on our server. After getting a new server we will have better applicants, similar to what happened on surf when weezy and Fluxy applied. Yes, surf failed but we can't just give up. Try a new one, advertise it, get the staff team to actually do some work insted of the typical 7h/week on jb ''rule'' which doesn't help our community at all.

Take risks, try something new. Change is good.

RNJyAth.jpg

can we just give blyss his smod back so he stops with this bollocks.

-Can we also have people who actually play the server critique the mods /ability/ on it. 

Edited by DannyS