IrishChamp

For Honour Open Beta (09/02/17 - 12/02/17)

After playing a fair amount i can most certainly say that this game is very promising and is surely very aspiring, but that's not to say its perfect. Now first off there are very notable differences between duel mode and dominion, in duel you truly get a feeling of what for honor is all about, its just you and your opponent so duels become this long and satisfying wait for who fucks up first and gets punished. In modes with multiple people the strategy consists of killing your opponent the fastest and with least effort so you can capture a point or help a teammate, the game is just much faster and with this the different modes feel more like different games entirely. Also as mentioned some characters are stronger than others and unlocks in this game actually affect your stats, although ever so lightly. Gear is important but not deciding. Also mechanics such as guardbreaks are alot easier to pull off and are just as effective as parrying, basically parrying feels satisfying but most of the time its not worth risking getting hit for. Overall the core gameplay is very good and i have few gripes with the game, the reason why its been getting a bad wrap on steam reviews is that it has alot of connectivity issues, even though me and a few friends almost never had such experiences.

17 hours ago, GingerPopper said:

After playing a fair amount i can most certainly say that this game is very promising and is surely very aspiring, but that's not to say its perfect. Now first off there are very notable differences between duel mode and dominion, in duel you truly get a feeling of what for honor is all about, its just you and your opponent so duels become this long and satisfying wait for who fucks up first and gets punished. In modes with multiple people the strategy consists of killing your opponent the fastest and with least effort so you can capture a point or help a teammate, the game is just much faster and with this the different modes feel more like different games entirely. Also as mentioned some characters are stronger than others and unlocks in this game actually affect your stats, although ever so lightly. Gear is important but not deciding. Also mechanics such as guardbreaks are alot easier to pull off and are just as effective as parrying, basically parrying feels satisfying but most of the time its not worth risking getting hit for. Overall the core gameplay is very good and i have few gripes with the game, the reason why its been getting a bad wrap on steam reviews is that it has alot of connectivity issues, even though me and a few friends almost never had such experiences.

There's more strategy to Dominion than just killing people the fastest.
I play Warlord (the defensive viking dude), just guard point A or C and hold it as long as I can, even if 3 enemies show up. If they're with me being blocked for days they can't capture any of the other points.

The stats aren't too important as you make sacrifices elsewhere, the only one I dislike is boosted revive speed in the Deathmatch game modes.
Which characters do you believe are stronger?

Countering guard breaks is incredibly easy in 1v1 unless you use them lightly, which is why parrying is much more important than you make it out to be. Especially as you can parry unblockable attacks. Some characters even allow you to score a parry and a hit simultaneously.

Edited by SonyTwan

Found it was a very good game, but won't be a game that i will get at the moment. In my opinion it still needs work as i believe a few classes are still kind of overpowered, but other than that i found it was good. The fact that you can push people of the edge of cliffs or into water really makes it funny and hilarious when you do so. This makes the game fun to play with friends. Still kind of confused about the whole map section and area of land each "Clan" has. If someone could just explain that it would be great.

If you did not play any of the betas make sure to look at game play before investing, as long as they are updating regularly, then i definitely recommend buying it 100%. 2k17 must get game.

5 minutes ago, Toby. said:

Found it was a very good game, but won't be a game that i will get at the moment. In my opinion it still needs work as i believe a few classes are still kind of overpowered, but other than that i found it was good. The fact that you can push people of the edge of cliffs or into water really makes it funny and hilarious when you do so. This makes the game fun to play with friends. Still kind of confused about the whole map section and area of land each "Clan" has. If someone could just explain that it would be great.

If you did not play any of the betas make sure to look at game play before investing, as long as they are updating regularly, then i definitely recommend buying it 100%. 2k17 must get game.

The entire clan area thing is fairly easy to understand, after each game you get points which you can use on a set piece of land and raise your clan's power in that area, when 2 clans are fighting over some land you can enforce it to raise the percentage, if ever so slightly and after 6 hours the map updates, if the percentage for your side is higher you win it over. After some time (i don't remember how long) the season will end, (seasons like in other competitive games) and you will get loot equal to how many points you have spent and how much area your clan has controlled. Btw does anyone know if ubisoft have said anything about future clans being added, kind of like in rainbow six with new operators.

Just now, GingerPopper said:

The entire clan area thing is fairly easy to understand, after each game you get points which you can use on a set piece of land and raise your clan's power in that area, when 2 clans are fighting over some land you can enforce it to raise the percentage, if ever so slightly and after 6 hours the map updates, if the percentage for your side is higher you win it over. After some time (i don't remember how long) the season will end, (seasons like in other competitive games) and you will get loot equal to how many points you have spent and how much area your clan has controlled. Btw does anyone know if ubisoft have said anything about future clans being added, kind of like in rainbow six with new operators.

Not that i know of atm, however idk if they will anytime soon as they have only recently finished the beta and would be focused on things such as bugs and other important things, as well as the trailers have only showed 3 factions so far, however in the end of the trailer it shows are women who has not been showed from there again. Possibly the new faction the future could be her and her army, it speaks of the 3 factions having to come together to fight her , so idk.

we have to wait and see xD