IrishChamp

For Honour Open Beta (09/02/17 - 12/02/17)

I'll make this quick.

Ubisoft are doing an Open beta for their new game "For Honor" starting tomorrow and ending on the 12th. 

The download is via uPlay client and is about 18gb. You can download it tonight if you want to get right into it tomorrow. Just go to this link.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/game/for-honor/

Here's some gameplay if you're interested.

The game modes available are 1v1 duel, 2v2  brawl, 4v4 death match and 4v4 dominion (you have to capture points I think in this one)

Oh yeah also a 4v4 BO5 with no respawns called Skirmish

TL;DR - Multiplayer knight fights for free

Edited by IrishChamp

Im very divided on this. A huge part of me thinks this game looks fucking awesome, the graphics are on point, the sound and the look of the units and the swords clashing, looks like pretty meaty combat with some interesting tactical elements.

HoweverI just don't think I would get 40 hours out of it.For those of you who know of the youtube channel Funhaus there used to be a guy called Spoole who worked there11256390_688084027963191_1350903236_n.jphere he is 

I identify with him on many levels :spooky: but one of his very sound pieces of advice was the mantra of "1$ 1 hour". Which translated as, for big triple A games that are 60-80 dollars in america (£40-60 in the UK) you should at least be getting an hour to a dollar/pound. Games such as Watchdogs 2 that retail at £50 when they first release is a total joke, I played that game and enjoyed it, but there is MAX 30 hours on content in there, if you did all the side missions and activities. Now with multiplayer games such as For Honor that scope does increase as you can potentially play a game endlessly if you enjoy the pvp competitive aspect of it, but as someone such as myself who isnt really that into tactile brawlers like DS and merely just thinks the game looks pretty dope I can see the novelty wearing off quickly for me and then becoming frustrated by the finer workings of gameplay.

So. Yeah, thats a pretty long answer that to TL,DR think it looks cool but wont buy on release due to not being 100% my type of game, probably will buy in the future when on sale and others recommend to me.      

If you guys want some good laughs you should watch this, the fact that this came out almost 2 years ago makes me feel weird :( 

Looks like fun combat, but they should add like a singleplayer where you can learn about the character you play, like story type of singlplayer. Idk i feel like its one of those games that you play alot and after a while you get bored cause its the same over and over. This doenst apply to everyone ofc. Everyone has different taste in games.

Im still gonna try it out tho :D

This game does have an initial learning curve that puts off some people.
Plenty of crying class is OP pls nerf.

Once you've learnt everything in the advanced tutorial though, it's just utilising those skills, your classes strengths, and how to deal with other classes.
A good amount of depth, but nowhere near as much as regular fighting games, which I like.

Will likely be picking this up, I've not enjoyed a game for a while and this I have.
Need to upgrade my pc doe

2 hours ago, VENGA BUS said:

Yeah, hence why I'm not sure, rather than outright no. It's possible that it'll get really pro dominated too, and scrubs would give up playing it. Natural Selection 2 and PVKII went this route. Admittedly not triple A games though.

"Hence why"? :hmm: